Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom, Happy Chanukah and Happy Weekend to All 12-12-14

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe, and a happy December weekend to all.

Chanukah is next week as well. Enjoy the meaning of the holiday and the miracle it represents. In the glow of the candles, enjoy the potato latkes, the doughnuts and all of the traditions that the holiday represents.

May all your loved ones be healthy, and if they are ill, may they soon be well.

May you be blessed with the love and warmth of family and friends every day of the year, not just on holidays and special occasions.

May your burdens and worries blow away with the wind.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Many prayers for our country's well being and world peace. Bless the leaders who keep our country strong with wisdom and courage, and PLEASE give them the strength to make the right decisions for our security and well-being.

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in this country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children be healthy and happy.

May your parents and your children be healthy and happy as well. I hope everyone's mom and dad and children are feeling well or getting better.

I'm not going to get political, here of all places, but I feel so grateful to be an American and have the right to express my opinions and ideas peacefully. G-d bless America.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. It's not so easy around the holidays, but we try to make the best, if not for ourselves, then for our family.

Try to do a good deed for a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

May the best of everything come your way, today and every day.

Donna, I hope your mom is resting comfortably.

Hugs to all xox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, Happy Chanukah and Happy Weekend to All 12-12-14

TGIF!

Happy weekend to all. I hope you do something fun and laugh a lot. Laughter is good for the heart.

Good Shabbos to all who observe.

Sunny, thank you for this friendly, inclusive thread. Thank you for your good wishes for my mom. She is doing as well as can be expected. I second all your thoughtful wishes/prayers.

My girlfriend's husband's surgery went well. There is no sign of cancer, thank goodness. Thank you for your prayers last week.

Safe travels to anyone going away.

Happy Chanukah to everyone celebrating next week. I'm hoping to make latkes with my dear girlfriend at her home, as we have done for so many years. Fingers crossed I will be able to help her. Smiley Happy She will be coming by, next weekend, to help me bake some cookies.

I found a beautiful, personalized Chanukah ornament for her tree. Her holiday tree is a mixture of Chanukah, winter and Christmas ornaments.

Leaving assorted drinks, coffees, teas, creamers, and Rugelach.

Raspberry and Apricot Rugelach Recipe

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Regular Contributor

Shabbat Shalom dear Sunny and all who observe. I hope everyone has a wonderful week surrounded by friends and family. I hope the lights from the Menorah brighten everything around you.

Donna It is always so good to hear from you. Your posts never fail to make me smile. I truly know you and Sunny regardless of the fact that we have never met. I do know both of you.

I have to make this brief. I had some laser work done on one eye (I am fine) and I have eye drops in that make everything blurry. At least I cannot read the newspaper and therefore all is right with the world.

Sunny, my sister, I wish you a week filled with love, good health and crispy latkes.

Esther Fruma

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy Chanukah to all, enjoy!!!

Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Chanukah to all you lovely ladies. Wishing all of you a wonderful celebration of light.

Super Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy Chanukah to all who observeSmile

Wishing everyone who reads this thread to have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Chanukah to those who observe.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy Chanukah Sunny and friends.

Have a wonderful weekend and holiday.

Donna, thank you for the goodies! You and your mother are in my thoughts.

henny

Trusted Contributor

Good Shabbos to you all who come here as friends. You've been such kind and sweet support for me. I really appreciate it.

I tried my hand at a latkes recipe that was in our local newspaper. Mine were too greasy. My Mom was an exceptional Jewish cook, and I will try my hand at her potato kugel recipe instead. In fact, I think she made the kugel at Chanukah rather than the fried latkes. I love trying to make the food that brings warm memories of my parents and those times in my young life when I was so care free and innocent. I spent an afternoon going through my Mom's recipes and just seeing her handwriting and notes, made me feel close to her.

I have to laugh, she had a Passover recipe for a banana kugel, but she failed to write down how many bananas go into it. I guess she just knew.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I keep praying for guidance and courage as I face life's challenges right now.

Blessings to all.

Valued Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy Hanukkah to those who observe. Wishing everyone a a warm snow free weekend.

I went to a bris (circumcision ceremony) yesterday, and the parents named their son Dov Ber a.k.a. Dovi. It was nice to hear an old fashioned name again.

Time to buy potatoes and oil for latkes. I'm even considering trying my hand at sufganiyot (donuts). I can feel my cholesterol rise as I type.