Valued Contributor

HSN BLOCKED ME!!! WE ARE DONE WITH THEM!

DH and I have been ordering from hsn since the 1980's. There has never been any kind of problem. My bank issued new credit cards and I entered the new number at hsn.com in my account information. Months later I tried to order and it wouldn't go through. When I called they said they had 'blocked' us. They said our credit card refused to pay on our last order. Well we had bought many items from them since we had got the new credit card so this didn't make any sense. Turns out they just made a mistake and used my old credit card number that one time. My point is - why didn't they tell us? They could have called us, emailed us or sent us a letter. They just blocked us and we knew nothing about it. I checked in my account at hsn.com and my new credit card was right there.

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN BLOCKED ME!!! WE ARE DONE WITH THEM!

Call customer service and speak with a supervisor. Same thing happened to me with Snbc several years ago. My credit card number didnt change, the expiration date change when I got my new card. And I changed it with them and continued shopping. However, I had a flex pay item and Snbc used the old expiration date on the flex pay and it was rejected. Snbc never told me, they just suspended me. It took 3 or 4 calls to cs to get things resolved. And then about a year later, a package went missing. I never received it and unlike QVC, they didn't just take my word for it and refund me or replace the item. They sent some long form that I had to complete and get notarized and upon receipt, they would "investigate". For a $40 top! Over the years, I had spend thousands of dollars with them. I wasn't going to take a day off work to find a notary. I "ate" that $40 and I haven't bought a single thing from them since.
Honored Contributor

I don't know how much it will impact on them if you block them.
Honored Contributor

On 12/7/2014 violann said: I don't know how much it will impact on them if you block them.

No. I think that HSN blocked the poster from ever ordering from them again.

Honored Contributor

Darn I just got a 20% off one item (friends and family sale) email. Now I'm headed over there. I haven't bought anything since Nov. 2013

Valued Contributor

We got it cleared up and they admitted their error. However we are not dealing with them again. We have spent thousands of dollars over the years including TVs, computers and Wolfgang Puck's products. For their $39 error -that is all over.

Honored Contributor

OP is "blocking" HSN too, Lucky Charm.
Honored Contributor

On 12/7/2014 Nicecupoftea said:

DH and I have been ordering from hsn since the 1980's. There has never been any kind of problem. My bank issued new credit cards and I entered the new number at hsn.com in my account information. Months later I tried to order and it wouldn't go through. When I called they said they had 'blocked' us. They said our credit card refused to pay on our last order. Well we had bought many items from them since we had got the new credit card so this didn't make any sense. Turns out they just made a mistake and used my old credit card number that one time. My point is - why didn't they tell us? They could have called us, emailed us or sent us a letter. They just blocked us and we knew nothing about it. I checked in my account at hsn.com and my new credit card was right there.

I personally would talk with a supervisor or a high up. I'm one that does not "settle" for a simplified reply by anyone about anything that pertains to my credit and or money.

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

HSN's whole computer system is messed up. For years, they kept trying to tell me that I had two accounts, when I didn't. I also tried to join their forums and was told I was banned....yet I had never posted anything.

As far as your credit card issue, I had a similar problem once with QVC. When one of our credit cards was compromised, I had to put in new credit card information into my account, because I had an EZ pay that was going to be due.

I never gave it another thought until I got a nasty gram in the mail from them, telling me I was delinquent!

Also had something similar happen with our homeowner's insurance. We changed banks and I used the new checking account information to pay my bill. Their system didn't accept it, and didn't tell me that it didn't accept the change. They processed the bill through my old checking account. What a mess!

I have found that it is easier to call in person and give them any new information. That is usually a little more reliable than making the change online.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

That happened to me once here, I had changed my cc but I had an easy pay and they kept using the old card. The funny thing is they actually called me a couple of times and explained the whole situation. I never got demoted or blocked they kept sending me items with the new card while this was going on. I'm sure they don't call now.

The thing I didn't like with HSN was when their cc expired they never told me and didn't ask me to renew either. I thought that was bad business.