Honored Contributor

I was invited to my first Reveal Party.....

Do you know what a Reveal Party is? I didn't. It's a party where the parents reveal the baby's gender. It's news to me, never heard of such a thing. The good thing is gifts are not required. It really is just a big party to celebrate the happy news. Food, drinks, friends, love. And games....I hate party games....but I'm good at faking that I'm having a blast....lol

Honored Contributor

Re: I was invited to my first Reveal Party.....

I hope my kids don't do that when/if I'm lucky enough to become a Gramma. I think it's more fun to let nature take its course!
Esteemed Contributor

never heard of a Reveal Party.....and I hate games....hope I never get invited to one....

Honored Contributor

I became a Grammie 6 weeks ago, there was no Reveal party, but we were told ahead of time. The name was kept a secret until he was born.

Honored Contributor

I've heard of this type of party but honestly didn't know what they were called. Lol at being good at faking having fun. I used to love parties but not so much anymore.

Honored Contributor

Am not aware of these being the ""in"" thing here in southern WV yet.
Esteemed Contributor

I've been to reveal parties, but none of them ever had games. Just a nice time - food, conversation, and sharing the excitement of the parents-to-be.

Personally, I didn't reveal the s*x of my children until after they were born, but I have no problem with couples handling that however they want to.

I'm generally not a fan of games, but I don't think they're standard at these kinds of parties. I know that games are played at showers sometimes, but I've never known them to be played at reveal parties.

Kiss

Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 circles said:

never heard of a Reveal Party.....and I hate games....hope I never get invited to one....

We are kindred spirits....lol It's gratifying to know that I wasn't totally out of the loop on this Reveal Party thing. Even when my daughter explained it to me, it took me a while to fully grasp what it was all about. I'm just happy that it's not another gift giving occasion....lol

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/26/2014 chrystaltree said:

We are kindred spirits....lol It's gratifying to know that I wasn't totally out of the loop on this Reveal Party thing. Even when my daughter explained it to me, it took me a while to fully grasp what it was all about. I'm just happy that it's not another gift giving occasion....lol

Did your invite specifically say "no gifts"? I have been to reveal parties where everyone (including me) brought gifts. A few months later I was invited to the baby shower for more gift giving fun, all building up the the (you guessed it) birth of baby where we can give more gifts! YAY!

Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 11/26/2014 chrystaltree said:

Did your invite specifically say "no gifts"? I have been to reveal parties where everyone (including me) brought gifts. A few months later I was invited to the baby shower for more gift giving fun, all building up the the (you guessed it) birth of baby where we can give more gifts! YAY!

Yes, the invitation said no gifts. I don't remember the exact wording but it was some cute phrasing similar to "your presence and love are the only gifts we will accept". Which I understand was their way of telling us not to bring gifts. Which makes sense. The shower, the baby's birth, the christening are the gift giving occasions and they aren't far off.