Super Contributor

Need ideas for after Christmas getaway weekend!

I am looking to do a little getaway after Xmas with my daughter. She is in her 20's and is home from college. Since Xmas falls on a Thursday this year...I was thinking about taking Friday and Monday off....and heading somewhere.

Any ideas? I live in the Philadelphia area. I was in NYC a few weeks ago...so don't want to do that. But looking for a nice hotel/resort with maybe fun things to do Xmas week. We do like spas and shopping.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need ideas for after Christmas getaway weekend!

How about the Cambridge Hyatt in MD?

http://www.chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Or Nemacolin?

http://www.nemacolin.com/

Super Contributor

SO funny you mentioned that place...we go there every summer. So trying to find something different

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE Williamsburg, Va this time of year. Christmas does tend to be busy so not sure if you would find anything available.

But, I love going there in the winter. My husband and I try to go over a weekend. It's usually nice and brisk, there are bonfires in the streets and we have dinner at one of the taverns. One morning we woke up to a dusting of snow. It looked just like a postcard.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

I like Williamsburg also Have also been to Cape May and Lancaster at Christmas time both beautiful.
Frequent Contributor

May be too far to go but Biltmore in Asheville, North Carolina has great weekend packages, in all price ranges. Well worth it, especially at Christmas!
Honored Contributor

Cape May has some wonderful Christmas related events and isn't too far. Washington or Boston could be fun too.

Honored Contributor

Ocean City MD seems to have a lot of Christmas themed activities going on.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.