Respected Contributor

Here you go HiLo, Snappy and all who care to join in on this friendly chat thread -- for known friends, and those we've yet to meet.

Welcome all, and enjoy!! Smile

Respected Contributor

Dear HiLo, this in reply to your lovely post to me on the Widows thread, since I feel it's not appropriate for me to go on intruding there. Perfectly appropriate for you to be there, though!

I'm so relieved that you're beginning to feel better and have found some reprieve from stress through your Christian radio broadcasts and acupuncture. I hope your digestive issues are soon behind you, too.

I share your love of praise music and you can find many free selections on YouTube. There is often music links on Dr. Charles Stanley's website, too. If I find more, I'll let you know, here or by email, once yours is working again. No good overdosing on bad news, for sure! I strive to keep some balance in my life, since we must carry on as best we can, come what may.

Yes, I remain in touch with our group of friends here by email, texting -- sometimes FaceTime! For the more in-depth topic discussions of substance that are not permitted here, we have joined the other site mentioned to you previously. Enjoying several forums there... when time permits.

I had been trying to also keep up with dear Snappy and some other friends here and she sent a message of love out to all you ladies from the 70s thread through me. They came here to the "hello" thread to respond to her. Those other lovely ladies were kind and gracious enough to welcome us, one and all! So many dear souls here, as you know, and for me it is those people, and supporting them, when I can, that matters most, rather than making my POV heard publicly. I find it more productive to try to work toward positive change within my local community, then outward. Same as with the charity work through my church, I guess. Just me. Anyway, here we are and I'm so glad you're back!!

I am so sorry to hear of your late husband's uncle's stroke! I'll be praying that through his faith in our Lord and hopefully very good medical assistance, he will rebound from this. Bless him, and his continued work, I pray.

Sorry too to hear of the rudeness from this other person. Nothing quite like having your faith insulted, while being force-fed their version! I try to ignore the self-righteous -- even the self-righteous of no faith at all. But yes, God is love, and as the Rev. Billy Graham reminded us, "God will judge us, the Holy Spirit will convict us, and our job is to love". That job, in itself, can be hard enough, all things considered, but I do keep trying. Even if I must love and work to forgive a few from afar.

No, we'd never want to lose touch with Snappy! I know she'll find you here, HiLo and you two can pick right up where you left off on 70s. I'll try, as I can to help keep this thread active. I bet we can count on a few of our friends, too. Wink

You continue to take good care of yourself. I'll continue to pray for you. Write me anytime, too, if you like, when your email service is back. Talk more soon!

Love, Joy {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Trusted Contributor

Welcome back, HILO! So good to know you are recovering--you've been greatly missed. Enjoy this nice, new thread--SNAPPY and yourself, together again. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I will drop by, from time to time, if that is okay.

Take good care and God bless!

Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to say hello but I don't have much to say. It's cooled somewhat here in So. California so we have Fall at last. Won't be out shopping this weekend. Doing some organizing and the weekly cleaning.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

WELCOME BACK, HILO!

Prayers for your continued recovery. You will find get well wishes from me in your email when you're up and running again. No rush in responding...... Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Easy does it, until you're feeling much better again.

Hello here too, DeLaney! Hope your snow lets up soon.

Greetings LovesRoses! You are doing exactly what I've been doing..... Some cleaning and organizing as I decorated. It feels good to have it done, doesn't it? I recall your TURN thread here somewhere. I'm looking forward to Season 2 whenever that is due to start. Have a nice weekend!

This was very sweet of you, Joy. I'm sure Snappy and HiLo will love it and it will be nice to visit with them here. Hopefully meet some new friends, too. Thank you for being you!

Honored Contributor

I wanted to say "hello" to this lovely group of posters. I'm not very good at keeping up with daily threads, been dealing with so many life changes and not always feeling well -- and my words don't always come out the way I intended.{#emotions_dlg.blushing} So, I have a tendency to read more than I post. Sending good wishes to all of you. Have a warm, safe week and a happy Thanksgiving.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

WaJa, a great big "thank you" for starting this thread. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} You are a kind soul as well as a "stunner" and a "Martha". So much talent in such a small package. Sounds to me like you could spend your whole day keeping up with all the posting, and emails and texts, etc. My heart goes out to those who are suffering the loss of husbands and others they love. Whatever their belief system, I want to share my own struggles and just be real. That's what is so good about the Widows Thread. We all grieve in different ways, but there's so much we share as well. Hope Gracie is feeling better and that her mom stays well. Don't overdo and try to stay warm. Will be looking for you here there or somewhere. Thank you again for your love.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Respected Contributor

Hi DeLaney, you are welcome here anytime. We are all grateful that HiLo has found her way back to us and hope and pray she feels better soon. Try to stay warm and dry and have a wonderful weekend.

Love Roses, I'm in SoCal...eastern L.A. county. It's in the low 70s today with sunshine. Please feel free to stop by and read or post anytime. Our lives consist largely or the routine things like cleaning and organizing, so that makes sense to me. Got my hair colored today. Don't like doing it, but like the result. As I age, it's harder to hold my arms up long enough to put the stuff on my head. Glad to meet you.

Anu, thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to chatting anytime.

dooBdoo, I always smile when I see your nic... dealing with life changes is hard work. I'm a widow. Hubby went to be with the Lord on October 17, 2010, so I know about change. Feel free to read here or just stop and say hello. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

snappy Smile

Respected Contributor

Thanks to all my dear friends, Joy, Delaney, Q Anu and of course Snappy who have supported me in this recent unpleasant health experience. My sister was really worried about me this time last week; I must have aged 10 years then as I had only slept about 20 hours in a couple of weeks. Talk about Chinese water torture. The new medications were so strong no reasonable amount of medication could even put me to sleep. Anyway, looks like I have survived the peak of the horror of the medication and I know your prayers reached the throne of Grace and were heard and answered by our great, loving Father.

Think I must be much like our friend Rowan in disposition; very sensitive and can't help but suffer along with others who do; I think the suffering of those in the Mid East just about took most of the life out of me. Am trying my best to put it all out of my mind as much as possible after I pray and turn the whole situation over to God. We have been so protected here in the West; know next to nothing about real suffering.. Praying for the soon return of our Lord to set it all straight...surely no human can do it.

Snappy, yes, our friend Joy is a stunner but every one of our lovely lady friends is also. I would be at a loss to pick out just one; it was so exciting to see the picture of a true Native American "princess" as Rowan is. How in the world does Rowan keep her beautiful black waste length hair so well groomed and I could ask the same about Q Anu whose hair is very long and beautiful also. Any of our young ladies would look great on the cover of a magazine.

I'm glad the trend for my day was short hair. I would be a truly frustrated trying to get my fine hair to look good at all in any longer length. Don't do anything to my hair except have it cut but am eager to have a head full of silver; just ordered an all silver wig and am anxious to see how it looks on me. as my skin is still pretty fair. I've seen some really attractive women younger than I who are lovely with silver hair.

A big hello to BooBDoo(what a creative name) and also to Love Roses. Don't worry about keeping up with the threads on a daily basis; I too will post as I can and we will all gradually get to know one another. Feel free to "let it all out" when you have one of those days; we all have them after all.

I expect to be able to e-mail soon so until then, thank you for being my "girls".

Much love,

HiLo,

Respected Contributor

HiLo, so glad to see you this afternoon. It's wonderful that you have a sister to care about you, and it sounds as if you are feeling somewhat better, so I'm thankful on your behalf. God does hear and answer prayer, not often on my time schedule, but His timing is best. Hope you are able to sleep now. If we can get our rest, we can tolerate things so much more easily. Thankful you have the acupuncturist who helps you and is understanding about the limitations of your insurance. A kind person.

Trying to not pay attention to the news on weekends. At least as much as possible. Someone said that news from MO is expected tomorrow, but I don't know how they know that. Still, it's a very difficult situation. Listening to praise music and singing along is wonderful for me. And I watch HGTV. Last night PBS presented "Cats". I'd never seen it. Some of the music is lovely, but it didn't interested me much as a play. Still, it was a diversion.

DD went to a craft fair this morning with her friend. I asked her to look for a snazzy pair of knee socks so I can put the gift card for the person whose name I drew in one sock and some other little thing in the other one. She found some in red and green with dogs all over them. Perfect! Arf arf. She's off shopping now and going to Sees for Christmas candy. I like to take some to my doctor's office for the staff to enjoy. It's pricy, but good.

I've never had long hair either. It's fine but used to be thick and hold a curl well. For some reason, I now have curls or waves all along the bottom part of the back of my hair. No where else. Can't figure that out. I am trying to like WEN with limited success, but I think it's good for the hair. Maybe not, and it is expensive. I don't wash mine every day, do you? I'm not strong enough or stable enough to do it in the shower, so I use the kitchen sink. Today I colored it.

We have been protected here from persecution for our faith, but you and I both have lived long enough to see a major change happening in the culture. There's a subtle form of it from those who would like us to "think" a certain way and want us punished if we don't. But when we hear about what is happening to believers over seas, we know what we face is nothing at all. We have lived through a time of great grace that others who are younger can't quite understand and don't need to really. I'm glad to have been born when I was, and I think you once said you felt that way also.

Well, this is getting long, and I'll pray it posts and give it my best shot. Good to see you, and thanks again to our WaJa for this thread. We will meet again, and maybe some new friends will post here. Take care of yourself and try to rest when you can. You are loved.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.wub}