Honored Contributor

Kitchen Remodel - Done! Yeah...

Today they put the final touches and connections & I'm pleased to say this whole experience was flawless! One thing I did find is I'm not the "rough it" type of person...I like those little conveniences such as ice maker, dishwasher, running water in the sink! LOL..

Now that its done my hubby today decided hmmmm we should have done the flooring now! What!
Could barely take the dust and already started cleaning the house in anticipation of putting things back in order. Will deal with that next year right now I'm going to enjoy cooking and entertaining in our new space!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and when things are back in order I'll post the finished pictures.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Remodel - Done! Yeah...

Honored Contributor

Congratulations. I've been through it. It's no fun but worth it in the end!

Respected Contributor

Congrats - I've gutted the kitchen in my last home and I too hated all the disruption so this past summer I did a refresh instead. Kept the flooring and the cabinets (which are real hardwood as opposed to particle board type of today) and the design was one that doesn't appear as dated. I swapped out all the hardware for new drawer and cabinet pulls, replaced all the appliances, got new granite countertop and backsplash. Keeping the cabinets and flooring made it much cheaper and much less dust. I love it. Doesn't it feel great when it's all over?

Honored Contributor

How long does a kitchen remodel take? If it could be done in one week, I think I could handle the inconvenience.

Honored Contributor

On 11/23/2014 AuntG said:

How long does a kitchen remodel take? If it could be done in one week, I think I could handle the inconvenience.

It depends on the scope of the work.