Super Contributor

Doo: Thank you for your kind words. I think I'll take a break for a bit - I enjoy most posters but sometimes for me it's better to step away and regroup.

Thank you again.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Cakers........Please do not be "run off" by anyone here who obviously has problems far beyond what this board can do to be of help. We have lost good and kind posters in the past on various forums here because of only one or two who insist on creating problems and play the "boo hoo" card when called on their behavior. There are also posters who continue to be an audience for such posters by falling for their obvious ploys thus ensuring that the troublemakers will be around to continue their search for a pat on the back while behaving like immature beings.

You know what is best for you. I,too, have occasionally taken a break to regroup. But I have never let a certain few break my spirit forever. Take care, and I will look forward to seeing you soon.

Honored Contributor

(((Cakers))){#emotions_dlg.wub} I’ll say “you’re welcome,” but truly I owe you a thank-you. You don’t know how many times your perceptive, insightful posts have given me valuable food for thought, how many times you’ve helped me (and others, too, I’m sure). Even your siggy offered a special reminder to me recently, to be careful not to narrow my focus. You have so much compassion, so often step in when you see someone in need of support. I’m sorry you might take a break from here -- although I can understand, since it helped me to step away for a few months last year.

shorelady’s words are so true and so wise. Of course, do what you feel is best for you but please remember you’re an important, unique, essential part of these forums and you’d be greatly missed if you left us. We’ve lost so many wonderful posters, apparently permanently, because of the negativity -- I hope you won’t be another gem lost to us.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

(((Cakers))) there are no words for what your family is going through... I had no idea, but just want you to know my thoughts and prayers are now with you all.

You are not the first to have your grace tested here, through willful ignorance or worse. Many relate. It is no small thing on its own... Seeing your sacred beliefs made a mockery of, or exploited -- then add to it, the suffering of so many who seek a bit of silent comfort or fellowship.

Do as you must for your well-being, and that of your family. Your friends here will be waiting to welcome you back.

Honored Contributor

Cakers, I don't know what this thread is all about. I just wanted to give you a hug.

((((((( {#emotions_dlg.wub} ))))))

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.