Super Contributor

{{{Shorelady}}} I've been thinking of you and hoping things have smoothed out with all you had to take care of.

I didn't want to intrude on the Widow's Thread and haven't seen you around any other ones.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Re: Shorelady - Thinking of You

Cakers, You're a thoughtful, compassionate person. I'm glad you started this thread. I, too, have been thinking about shorelady and praying for her since her first heartbreaking posts about her beloved husband's passing. This can be such a supportive, positive community, so many of us share so much in common even though we seem very different on the surface. We laugh together but we also weep together.

(((shorelady))), May God bless you and keep you.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Hi Doo: She may not want to post right now - shorelady is a wonderful person and I've really enjoyed posting with her.

All the best to you, shorelady.

And to you too, Doo.

Super Contributor

Cakers.......What a wonderful surprise to pop in Among Friends and to see your thread! In all the 9 years or so that I have been posting, no one has done a shoutout to me.

I have been busy still trying to straighten things out, but should have all my ducks in a row by the end of the year. Seems like a long way off, but it actually isn't.

I don't post in the Widow's Thread, but do post on the 60's Ladies in Beauty Banter. I do stop by to read the threads where I usually "hang out", but don't always post. That includes gloriajean's thread where her daily postings have helped me. Seems my creative posting juices and energy haven't been what they used to be. I am so looking forward to things getting somewhat back to normal.

Thank you again. You don't know how much this means to me.

dobdoo.......Thank you, too, for your very kind words and thoughts. The ladies posting on this message board have been understanding and compassionate and have made this a soft place to fall. Again, thank you.

Super Contributor

{{{shorelady}}} It's good to see you - I hope all is in place by year end for you.

Take care of yourself - I also haven't been posting in this forum lately but did want to touch base with you.

Respected Contributor

Shorelady, my deepest condolences on the loss of your dear husband. Sorry too that whatever complications arose during the earliest stages of your grief. Prayers for your strength as you journey through.

Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 shorelady said:

Cakers.......What a wonderful surprise to pop in Among Friends and to see your thread! In all the 9 years or so that I have been posting, no one has done a shoutout to me.

I have been busy still trying to straighten things out, but should have all my ducks in a row by the end of the year. Seems like a long way off, but it actually isn't.

I don't post in the Widow's Thread, but do post on the 60's Ladies in Beauty Banter. I do stop by to read the threads where I usually "hang out", but don't always post. That includes gloriajean's thread where her daily postings have helped me. Seems my creative posting juices and energy haven't been what they used to be. I am so looking forward to things getting somewhat back to normal.

Thank you again. You don't know how much this means to me.

dobdoo.......Thank you, too, for your very kind words and thoughts. The ladies posting on this message board have been understanding and compassionate and have made this a soft place to fall. Again, thank you.

You're welcome, shorelady. I'm thankful for Caker's thoughtful thread. I didn't want to add even more to sweet gloriajean's thread but I wanted comment on what you said there. I find reading the generous contributions on some of the daily threads to be helpful and comforting, but my sadness since my husband's death has made me more fragile than before and it's hard to comment often, or to deal with some of the negativity that ensues. I wish I could be more helpful, and hope someday I'll find the strength. You, and so many other dear posters, remain on my prayer list. Godspeed to all who read and post here.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Shorelady, I read the comments from these kind ladies. I'm so sorry for your pain. Sending you healing and comforting thoughts. Blessings on your journey.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Contributor

Shorelady I want you to know you are in my prayers. It has been several years since I lost my precious husband and I miss him and wish he were still here with me. I know you have good days and bad ones. Keep looking forward to brighter days.

Cakers, thank you for seeking our Shorelady. You are so thoughtful and dear to so many of us and has been for many years. I am thankful for generous friends like you.

Enjoy your pumpkin pie!!

Super Contributor

Shorelady: Please know that you are in the thoughts and hearts of many here.

Much love to you dear lady.