Honored Contributor

Well, the weatherman, went and mentioned the "word" today!!

The s... might mix with some rain this Friday. He mentioned only 30 degree temps by then. For crying out loud. The map I just saw mentioned a dusting through most of the state. (MI.) It was so cloudy and cool this a.m. and now it's sunny and blue skies and 61 degrees. Beautiful fall day today. There's a tree with yellow leaves on it yet, I think some of the prettiest trees are the ones in Colorado, the Birch trees this time of year. The leaves are getting piled pretty high and they'll be picked up soon. I wish I could share with all of you how pretty out it is here today. Hope you're all having a beautiful day, right where you are.

Respected Contributor

Re: Well, the weatherman, went and mentioned the "word" today!!

Such a nice post qualitygal!

We had a beautifully warm sunny, breezy day here near Pittsburgh. We hit temps of 77 which is unusual for us this time of year. Many of our trees have shed their leaves. We haven't had a frost yet, so the ornamental trees in the yard still have leaves. I have a beautiful maple that is scarlet red and the bradford pear trees are still totally green.

We have a cold front on the way also, should come in overnight and they too are hinting of some snow flurries.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Allegheny, and your state is beautiful too.

Esteemed Contributor

Smile Here in central NJ it is going to be close to 70 and then the temperature is going back to the 50's by the weekend. I am looking forward to the colder weather that is coming in. I know I am in the minority with that but, summer is over and fall is now here and I had enough of the heat and the humidity. They say snow flurries or some wet snow is in the forecast. A little early for that but, Bring it on, love all of that!

Honored Contributor

Here in central PA they are predicting s**w for Saturday. That's my DHs birthday. Hope we don't get much.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm not quite ready for the "s" word, but I am ready for the upper 70 and 80 degree temperatures to disappear, hopefully for a long time... I love fall and would like to experience it if summer would just gracefully give up and before we get fully into winter! Don't know if we'll be getting such pretty trees here in the mid-Atlantic this year. It seems we're having so many windy cold fronts moving through that a lot of the leaves are falling before the trees are actually turning, but I'm sure we'll still see some pretty fall colors, in between the wind, unseasonably warm weather and too frequent rain we've been getting... Don't get me wrong, we've had some gorgeous days, but I'm hoping November is a beautiful fall month filled with many cool, crisp sunny days!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Not in my area but I know it will be coming soon enough. Every year I detest it more and more. I need to move south.

Honored Contributor

That word is being thrown out often with our weekend forecast for southern WV. It will be interesting to see how much we get, as we are between the 3-6" forecast to the south, and the 2-4" forecast to the north. When Hurricane Sandy went through, we had more than 30 inches of snow from that system. I stocked our pantry two weeks ago, and have 500 gallons of propane for the generator, so I am prepared for whatever comes.
Honored Contributor

Better yet, N. Ca. is supposed to get rain tomorrow all day, but every time that is predicted, we only get a slight, gentle rain, fingers crossed it will be real this time. It was so warm yesterday with sun, today cloudy/sunny and warm.