Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Sunday

Hello my friends! Sunday already tomorrow? Time sure does fly!! Well today I just had to rest this morning after he left for work - had such a headache and I listened to my body and rested and then it was gone and I was fine! I really didn't get much done today, and didn't have to cook because we had left-overs, but it was a good day - Both LInus and I feel it from helping out Deil the last two days. But that's okay - it was necessary that we did what we did and we're happy we were there for her. Tomorrow - Sunday - busy day - Mass at 10:30 and at 1:30 we play cards with our card club at the host's house. Should be a fun day. Hope you all had a great Saturday and wishing you all answers to your prayers.

God will give you strength because He will give of Himself.

Lord, thank You for the many gifts of which You always bless me.

Scripture for the day:

"Put these things into practice, devote yourself to them, so that all

may see your progress. Pay close attention to yourself and to your

teaching; continue in these things, for in doing this you will save

both yourself and your hearers." ~1 Timothy 4:15-16

Meditation for the day:

Our true measure of success in life is the measure of spiritual

progress that we have revealed in our lives. Others should be able to

see a demonstration of God's will in our lives. The measure of God's

will that those around us have seen worked out in our daily living is

the measure of our true success. We can do our best to be a

demonstration each day of the power of God in human lives, and example

of the working out of the grace of God in our hearts.

Prayer for the day:

I pray that I may so live that others will see in me something of the

working out of the will of God. I pray that my life may be a

demonstration of what the grace of God can do.

Do Not Doubt It

You are beautiful

God made you and you are beautiful

Do not doubt it

You are loved

God loves you

HIS love is unfailing and never ending

Do not doubt it

You are not alone

God is always with you

through the good times and the bad

HE will never forsake you

Do not doubt it

HE is waiting for you

When your time on this earth has ended

HE will be waiting for you at Heaven's Gate

with open arms

HE is ready to welcome you home

when the time is right

Do not doubt it

by LJ Rogers

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitation for our sins.

I John 4:10

Greed

One summer afternoon on the Mississippi River in

America a steamer crowded with passengers

suddenly struck a submerged rock. In a moment the

deck was a wild confusion. The lifeboats were

able to take off only one-fourth of all the

passengers. The rest tore off their clothes, and

swam ashore.

After everyone had deserted the overturned ship,

a man suddenly appeared on the leaning deck. He

grabbed a loose piece of wood and then jumped

into the river. But he sank like a stone.

When his body was recovered, it was found that

while the other passengers were busy escaping, he

was busy breaking open and robbing their trunks

and baggage. Many of them were miners returning

home with their treasure. This thief gathered

their gold, tied little bags of it around his

waist and within a quarter of an hour he had won

more gold than most men do in a lifetime.

But it dragged him to the bottom of the river in

an instant.

Golden Rules for Living

by Miriam Hamilton Keare

1. If you open it, close it.

2. If you turn it on, turn it off.

3. If you unlock it, lock it up.

4. If you break it, admit it.

5. If you can't fix it, call in someone who can.

6. If you borrow it, return it.

7. If you value it, take care of it.

8. If you make a mess, clean it up.

9. If you move it, put it back.

10. If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.

11. If you don't know how to operate it, leave it alone.

12. If it's none of your business, don't ask questions.

He Holds You

God never leaves you alone…

He never forgets about you…

He looks out for you and takes care of you.

You are more important than the birds

He feeds and provides for.

Trusting Him means to rest in Him

as your shield, your covering, your provider,

your defender and your friend.

It means freedom from worry, anxiety and fear.

It means peace to your mind and joy to your soul.

Come to Him; He is waiting…

Lean on Him; He is strong…

Talk to Him; He is listening…

Depend on Him; He will never let you down.

He holds you within the hollow of His hands

to keep you close…to keep you safe…

to deliver you from all your fears.

TASTE MY JESUS

At the University of Chicago Divinity School each year they have what they called "Baptist Day." On this day each one is to bring a lunch to be eaten out of doors in a grassy picnic area. Every "Baptist Day" the school would invite one of the greatest minds to lecture in the Theological Educational Center.

One year they invited Dr. Paul Tillich. Dr. Tillich spoke for two and one-half hours "proving" that the resurrection of Jesus was false. He quoted scholar after scholar and book after book. He concluded that since there was no such thing as the resurrection, the religious tradition of the church was groundless, emotional mumbo-jumbo, because it was based on a relationship with a risen Jesus, who in fact never rose from the dead in any literal sense.

He then asked if there were any questions. After about 30 seconds, an old dark-skinned preacher with a head of short-cropped wooly white hair stood up in the back. "Doctor, I got one question." All eyes turned toward him. He reached into his sack lunch and pulled out an apple and began eating it.

"Doctor Tillich ... CRUNCH, MUNCH, my question is a simple question, ... CRUNCH MUNCH ... "Now I never read the books you read. CRUNCH MUNCH ... "and I can't recite the Scriptures in the original Greek ... CRUNCH MUNCH ... "And I don't know about Niebuhr and Heidegger ... CRUNCH MUNCH.

He finished his apple "All I want ta know is: This apple I just ate ... was it bitter or sweet?" Dr. Tillich paused for a moment and answered in exemplary scholarly fashion: "I cannot possibly answer that message, for I haven't tasted your apple."

The white-haired preacher dropped the core of his apple into his crumpled paper bag, looked at Dr. Tillich and calmly, "Neither have you tasted my Jesus".

The 1000 plus in attendance could not contain themselves. The crowd erupted with applause and cheers. Dr. Tillich thanked his audience and promptly left.

Have you tasted Jesus?

If you have not tasted Jesus yet, do not wait ... He is delicious ...

Meditations by Padre Pio

Let us keep well in mind what the Divine Master said: in our patience we will possess our souls.

Mother Teresa Said...

Our prayers should be burning words coming forth from the furnace of a heart filled with love.

Devoutly, with great sweetness, with natural simplicity, without any affectation, offer your praise to God with the whole of your heart and soul.

I FOUND JESUS THERE

The surgeon sat beside the boy's bed; the boy's parents sat across from him. "Tomorrow morning," the surgeon began, "I'll open up your heart..."

"You'll find Jesus there," the boy interrupted.

The surgeon looked up, annoyed. "I'll cut your heart open," he continued, "to see how much damage has been done..."

"But when you open up my heart, you'll find Jesus in there." The surgeon looked to the parents, who sat quietly.

"When I see how much damage has been done, I'll sew your heart and chest back up and I'll plan what to do next."

"But you'll find Jesus in my heart. The Bible says He lives there. The hymns all say He lives there. You'll find Him in my heart."

The surgeon had had enough. "I'll tell you what I'll find in your heart. I'll find damaged muscle, low blood supply, and weakened vessels. And I'll find out if I can make you well."

"You'll find Jesus there too. He lives there."

The surgeon left. The surgeon sat in his office, recording his notes from the surgery: "...damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, widespread muscle degeneration. No hope for transplant, no hope for cure. Therapy: painkillers and bed rest. Prognosis:" here he paused, "death within one year."

He stopped the recorder, but there was more to be said. "Why?" he asked aloud.

"Why did You do this? You've put him here; You've put him in this pain; and You've cursed him to an early death. Why?" The Lord answered and said, "The boy, My lamb, was not meant for your flock for long, for he is a part of My flock, and will forever be. Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as you cannot imagine. His parents will one day join him here, and they will know peace, and My flock will continue to grow."

The surgeon's tears were hot, but his anger was hotter. "You created that boy, and You created that heart. He'll be dead in months. Why?"

The Lord answered,

"The boy, My lamb, shall return to My flock, for he has done his duty: I did not put My lamb with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."

The surgeon wept.

The surgeon sat beside the boy's bed; the boy's parents sat across from him. The boy awoke and whispered, "Did you cut open my heart?"

"Yes," said the surgeon.

"What did you find?" asked the boy.

"I found Jesus there," said the surgeon.

-- Author Unknown

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Sunday

Glad your headache went away Gloria. Have a nice time playing cards with your friends.

counting my blessings, and blessings to all. And that is a lot of blessings but we all need them, don't we?

Harlene(lovestopaint)