Respected Contributor

Try to be funny and lighten the mood

Some people just don't get it do they?

I try to be funny in my responses to certain people to avoid confrontation and they still come back spewing. Geeesh {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Some of you get it and we have fun, thank you!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Re: Try to be funny and lighten the mood

Yup, I've often tried to be humorous, lighten up a bit, including a wink or two Wink, but some folks........well, you know......{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} . . . . I often find myself using my favorite three tactics: 'deflection, diversion, distraction' whenever things are getting 'out of hand'.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Since we can't hear the mood of what is typed in, it's hard. What someone says in trying to keep things light, can be hurtful to someone going through some tough times, or having a bad day. I found out first hand on emails with my own sister. So we have to tread lightly, or preface it with I'm joking here, or something similar. Just my take on it. I've seen it on here too. JMHO

Honored Contributor

We usually have no way of knowing the intent of any poster especially those that nearly always post things that often appear not very nice and then when the post is commented on as being rude then the cry of I was only trying to be funny and avoid confrontation when it seems like the post is actually encouraging confrontationl!!! Maybe those posters might want to rethink before posting since a lot of their posts are coming off wrong (or are they?)!!!

Respected Contributor

I have decided that when I make comments that someone does not like and they come in and chastise me for ""bashing"" their beloved hosts I will answer back but not be confrontational.

Some people just can't accept a normal response that does not encourage a ""fight"" with words.

As the old saying goes ""kill them with kindness""

Happy day to everyone!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Pook said:

We usually have no way of knowing the intent of any poster especially those that nearly always post things that often appear not very nice and then when the post is commented on as being rude then the cry of I was only trying to be funny and avoid confrontation when it seems like the post is actually encouraging confrontationl!!! Maybe those posters might want to rethink before posting since a lot of their posts are coming off wrong (or are they?)!!!

Pook, you are right but there are a few that when they comment it is always a confrontation and they can't wait to keep it going. I don't know about everyone else but I can usually tell if someone is being funny in a response and I can tell if they are being high and mighty.

I will admit I have made comments that I expected confrontation and have given back as much as I get.

It is the high and mighty attitude that is so full of bull.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate posters who are witty and lighten the mood. It makes me smile. It's the kind of distraction I come to the forums for, after a day of giving good efforts at work. Truly, we've got to laugh. Life is challenging, and for the most part, people are good.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Hello, golfcartrider. Smile Haven't seen you post in a while. Hope you're well.

I think some things get taken the wrong way because people can't hear the tone of the voice when people post, they can only see the words. It happens sometimes. You can't be friends with everyone. Just try your best and that should be good enough.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

On 10/24/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

Hello, golfcartrider. Smile Haven't seen you post in a while. Hope you're well.

I think some things get taken the wrong way because people can't hear the tone of the voice when people post, they can only see the words. It happens sometimes. You can't be friends with everyone. Just try your best and that should be good enough.

Hi Bandwagon, You are right, sometimes they shout when they really mean to whisper.

All is great here at the beach, loving the cooler weather! Hope you are well too.

Don't worry, be Happy!