Contributor

Upper lip lines - ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These upper lip lines showed up this year....not even a smoker!!!! Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to get rid of them?? Too deep for cream anymore. Might need some sort of laser resurfacing. Would like to know how others have dealt with this. Yes I know....just a natural part of aging. I just don't like them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Upper lip lines - ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have them too...they are not real deep....I don't smoke and I don't drink thru a straw. Sadly, I don't have the money for any medical treatment..and yes I know, it's a part of aging.

Honored Contributor

Take a glass of water and sip from it while looking in a mirror. You'll see that is where your lip lines are coming from. Unfortunately

"Pure Michigan"
Occasional Contributor

I have them and have never smoked in my life but do drink from a straw. I am in my early 50s, and noticed them as my hormones shifted and estrogen levels declined.

I haven't gotten rid of them, but have figured out a way to hide them:

After applying my foundation, I use a concealer that matches my skin exactly (L'Oreal True Match™ Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer - in Fair/Light N1-2-3) and draw a light line along my upper lip line over the fine lines before I put on my lip-liner and lipstick. What this does is fill in the lines so that the lipstick doesn't bleed into the lines and also fills the lines so they are less obvious. The trick here is to choose a concealer color that is almost exactly my skin tone so it doesn't look like concealer above my lip. I smooth it in, and then line and color my lips.

This concealer is thicker than typical concealer and so while I don't use this under my eyes, it is perfect for above my lip. For reference, my foundation shade is a warm/neutral light shade (NC 20ish). You may need to experiment to find the perfect concealer shade for yourself - anything other than a very close match will draw attention to the area which is the last thing you want to do. If the concealer is too creamy, it will melt and not stay put. A concealer crayon tends to be denser and so will behave and stay where you want it.

Honored Contributor

My lip lines have never been severe, but noticeable enough for them to bother me. I don't smoke or use a straw unless I'm at a restaurant. I've had success with Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream. You can find it on eBay, but keep in mind that several seller are in S. Korea so you if you don't want to wait too long, you need to look for a US seller.

Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions...we are all in this together!!!!

Trusted Contributor

On 10/17/2014 ID2 said:

Take a glass of water and sip from it while looking in a mirror. You'll see that is where your lip lines are coming from. Unfortunately {#emotions_dlg.sad}

So we get signs of aging from sipping water.......and chewing.......and smiling........and frowning. Maybe we shouldn't drink, eat, or show emotion. But then we wouldn't just be old; we'd be dead.

Sorry, but age brings some lines, wrinkles, and sags. Accept it, find out how to minimize the appearance if you like -- and get on with the joys of this season of life. There are many.