Occasional Contributor

Are you aware that there is no tax on any single item of clothing or shoes under $110.00 and hasn't been since April 1, 2012.

I called QVC Customer Service and was told to fax corporate a copy of my order- NO it's not my order and it's not one order - it is every person in NY State who has ordered. It is not up to me to correct their mistake. HSN said that they would contact their headquarters. So did 2 other retailers that were unaware of the law.

It is not up to anyone of us to leave our homes and fax copies of our orders to them It is up to them an Customer Service to take care of it. Can you even imagine how much money they have collected in error. Remember it is not the entire order total that counts it is each individual order

If you live in NY please call customer service and complain

Occasional Contributor

Re: New York State Sales Tax

when i went on line to my county's comptroller office they said no sales tax effective 4/1/12

after seeing what one person sent out about the local tax I called the comptroller's office and believe it or not they didn't know if this county collects local tax - when they called me back they stated yes they do and they would now reflect it on their website -sorry guys imagine

getting wrong info from govt