Occasional Contributor

My husband was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia in March of this year. He spent a month in the hospital under going chemo treatment. He is a home now and continues to receive treatment. I am trying to find a support group on line, and am having a difficult time. I appreciate your help. This is a difficult time and hate to burden my family and friends. Thanks in advance Please don't judge unless you have walked in my foot steps. Thanks

Honored Contributor
I suggest calling the Education department of local hospitals to check for support groups. I retired from a hospital that had support groups for nearly everything. Please do not be afraid to reach out to your family; I'm sure they want to be supportive, but don't know what you need from them. Best wishes to you, and your husband.
Occasional Contributor

I need help with dealing with the situation, my husband is very moody and I understand, I guess I need help in knowing how to deal with all that is happening. I try to be positive and cheerful, but ii is difficult.

Respected Contributor

You say you hate to burden your family and friends? I think they would be hurt if they found out that you needed support during this very difficult time in your lives. Reach out to at least one of them and I bet you will be surprised. This is what I found online about a support group. Check them out.

http://www.lls.org/diseaseinformation/getinformationsupport/supportgroups/

Respected Contributor

A very quick google search located the Leukemia and Lymphoma Association. Start there.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor
On 10/14/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

A very quick google search located the Leukemia and Lymphoma Association. Start there.

Or, what Hoovermom aleady posted. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Occasional Contributor

I would like to thank all of you for your suggestions, I have already contacted the sites.

Thank you so much{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}