Valued Contributor

Opinions on Europe RIver Cruises

I and 7 other friends (all women) are trying to plan a cruise next September and I was wondering if any of you had taken one and what your thoughts were. Our time line is 7 days and our budgets are below $2000 each. Not much I know. I've looked at Viking, Avalon, CroisiEurope, AMA and Abercrombie. Croisi does have the lowest cost, but I can't find any reviews on line on them. Would appreciate any help you can give me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions on Europe RIver Cruises

I did a Viking Christmas Market river cruise last year. Loved it.

I did a lot of research before I booked and did not see anything for 7 days@$2000.

Occasionally they run 2 for 1 specials, but the the cabins that would fall within that price range are sold out.

Super Contributor

Hubby and I are avid cruisers, but never done the river cruise thing. I'm really thinking you might have a very difficult time finding a European river cruise for <$2000. Once you factor in airfare, money for other expenses, etc. it sounds pretty difficult to me.

Check out "cruise critic" website for info and reviews on the Croisi line. Best of luck to you!

Honored Contributor

I have friends who have done Viking cruises and rave about them. Remember, you get what you pay for. This is one place I wouldn't want to risk taking a sleazy second rate cruise line. It could even be dangerous.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

My inlaws did this few years ago. They RAVED about it. Sorry, I don't know the specific line they took. They'd do it again in a heartbeat, except for new health issues. It is on my list of travel in the future as a result of their good experiences.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

I have done 4 of them and they are fabulous! My favorite way of traveling. Unfortunately, they have gotten much more expensive than when I did my first one, 2005. I don't believe you can do this for $2000. The air alone is probably $1000 to $1500, depending on where you live. And, frankly, paying that much for air and being squashed in a tiny seat for 8 to 10 hours, you are better off staying for a couple of weeks. Makes the cost per day less.