Respected Contributor

It's Christmas Pack a Shoe Box time!

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/pack-a-shoe-box/

In the past several of us have participated in this effort. I have been asked to remind people in past years so here it is!

When you go to the website it explains how to pack a shoebox and how you can track it and find out where it went. Be sure to note the suggested items and "what not to" items. There are different age groups to choose from.

This has become a rewarding Christmas tradition in our family. Shopping for these impoverished children is such a joy!

Respected Contributor

Re: It's Christmas Pack a Shoe Box time!

My sister does the Shoe Box thing with her church every year. They do school supplies in their boxes. So, every year when they have the big back to school sales, I load up on crayons, markers, etc. and send everything to her. You can get a lot of boxes of crayons in the USPS if it fits it ships boxes. She says every year, don't send me a Christmas Gift ~ Send me crayons in September.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

We've done this, too! It was fun to shop with my daughter, while she selected the items that would go into her box.
Valued Contributor

OK Scottie....I will post this video...a note: little graphic at beginning but the rest is fine

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/alex-story/

Honored Contributor

Our church participates in the shoebox project every year. For the first time this year we will also be a drop off location for boxes from everyone (organizations and individuals) in our local community. DH and I include toys, school supplies and items of clothing in our boxes.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I would encourage everyone to look at the video about Alex and read his story. Incredible doesn't begin to describe it!

Respected Contributor

This is so cool. And there's a drop off close to my house. I'm in. Thanks for posting this scottie!

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Thank you to everyone who is commenting here!!!

Respected Contributor

I just noticed that they now have a way to do a ""virtual"" shoebox. You can order items to go in your shoebox and personalize it. For people who cannot get out to shop or who don't have the time.

Valued Contributor

There are about 10 places in my area!