Super Contributor

Went for physical therapy this morning, and my PT is probably in her mid-late 60's. Very nice, and we get along well. I told her that I went to see my Dr. last week, and he wasn't there, so I saw the PA, and told the PA that I liked my PT, that she was doing a great job with my shoulder. He laughed and said not to tell her, cause she would get a big head. I could tell they got along. So when I told her (PT) this, this morning, she asked me if I knew what 'hall s*x ' was....I said no. She said it's when you pass someone in the hall and you both say 'f.y.' Although she just came out and said the whole phrase. She said she and the PA do that when they pass in the hall. I asked myself....did I just hear that right? OMG!!!! THEN.......I went to Hobby Lobby and was in a check out lane with one customer in front of me. I glanced at the 'returns' desk, and the guy asked if I was ready to check out. As I was walking there, I told him I didn't know if he was checking out folks or just doing returns. His reply..."I don't WANT to check you out, I just stand here all day cause I want to", might I add, in a highly sarcastic voice. What the heck is happening in our society? Is it just me, or did these events seem crude?

Honored Contributor

The first remark by the physical therapist was crude and vulgar. I'm shocked that she would risk saying something like that to a patient. The Hobby Lobby guy was trying to be funny. He should keep his day job, he'll never make it as a comedian.

Super Contributor

HL--find his manager and repeat what he said to you. He may be going to the end of the employment line.

Honored Contributor

OMGoodness........I'm not too fond of the first incident.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor
Nothing fazes me anymore. People have no filter, and say and do all kinds of things.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor
Honestly, neither incident has shock value for me in today's world.
Trusted Contributor

Nice!

Honored Contributor

That's crazy.

Valued Contributor

It is life folks ............... Just keep on walking!

Esteemed Contributor

I had decided that nothing shocks me at my age and in this day and age....until I ran across a word that is banned from the boards here and looked it up in the Urban Dictionary....THAT shocked me! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I thought I was still pretty sharp, but apparently I'm not! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.blink}