Frequent Contributor

Does anyone else obsess when you have misplaced something?

I have misplaced a small jewelry box with my Grandmothers cameo. I have spent days looking. Cleaned out drawers, closets, etc. still can't find it. I just keep thinking about it! I don't keep it in my large jewelry box as it is to delicate and was not in style. Now I want it! Does anyone else go thru this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else obsess when you have misplaced something?

Yes- it's definitely frustrating.

When was the last time you KNOW you saw it, and where was it?

Esteemed Contributor

I've definitely done that! I've put something in a place where I just KNEW I would be able to find it, and then could not remember for the life of me where I put it. I did eventually find it, but geez, that's a bad feeling!

Frequent Contributor

I am not sure because we have moved 2 times in the past 3 years. I remember it was in another jewelry box that I have since emptied and it should be in a drawer with my mom's stuff. Not there.

Honored Contributor

Someone once told me that if you can't find it, then someone took it. Simple as that.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Yes. I have several things now that I can't find.

Honored Contributor

I can't think of anything I obsess over, especially forgetting where I placed something. If forgetting was an obsession with me? It could occupy my complete day at times and I am not one to get concerned/worried or obsessed about much of anything. Life goes by to quickly for me to spend any time on these types of things.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Oh I do!!! I even wrote in one book: if you move something to a new spot, write it down in here. Well, I just came across that note, so you can see how much that helped! Gee!! Or why did I write that? I may have to cover myself in little yellow notes! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} For John, last time it was my car keys, I needed them. Found them in a little zippered part of a purse.

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness YES!

I'm standing in my house knowing that thing (whatever it might be du jour) is somewhere IN this house and I cannot find it. Often I obsess to the point that I search for days until I find it. When that time has passed and I haven't found it I take breaks but it doesn't leave my mind.

What makes it complicated is that I'm really big on 'one or two places for everything - never get lazy and just drop it anywhere except in one of its places'. Yet, things disappear.

There are a couple of 'lost' things currently burning holes in my brain. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Regular Contributor

Try asking St. Anthony to help you. Say "St. Anthony, St. Anthony please come round. My jewelry box is lost & must be found." He has helped me find several things. Can't hurt!