Respected Contributor

Genetically Modified Micro Humans’ to be ‘Farmed’ for Drug Testing by 2017 (stem cell researh?)

I wish they had a forum for the weird and Unusual now folks we in live in an age where Sci-Fi seems not so much any more. So what if this is for real that another version of Soylent Green has come of age?

Genetically Modified Micro Humans’ to be ‘Farmed’ for Drug Testing by 2017

So is this what Embryo Stem Cell Research was up to?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2739016/Farms-artificial-humans-replace-animal-testing-thre...

Respected Contributor

Re: Genetically Modified Micro Humans’ to be ‘Farmed’ for Drug Testing by 2017 (stem cell researh?)

What would if feel like if one was working on one of those things and it happen to look like a family member...

They label it as artificial humans, but how does one know for sure when we already know there does exist those who do not respect human life.

Respected Contributor

Re: Genetically Modified Micro Humans’ to be ‘Farmed’ for Drug Testing by 2017 (stem cell researh?)

From reading the article, they are recreating organs ...hearts, lungs, etc, that mimic a human system but they are not human. They are chips. This could be used in place of animal testing, and to test other drugs and medicines that benefit humans. Also, what about growing a replacement kidney for someone who has kidney disease, or a heart for someone who has heart disease?
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: From reading the article, they are recreating organs ...hearts, lungs, etc, that mimic a human system but they are not human. They are chips. This could be used in place of animal testing, and to test other drugs and medicines that benefit humans. Also, what about growing a replacement kidney for someone who has kidney disease, or a heart for someone who has heart disease?

And what viable source did they get that from?

Human embryonic stem cells: research, ethics and policy http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/4/672.full

The use of human embryos for research on embryonic stem (ES) cells is .... medicine, where they could be used to develop cell replacement therapies. ... to use pre-implantation embryos as a source of ES cells for research on cell ..... that this 'artificial combination' should not be considered equivalent to a human embryo?

The use of human embryos for research on embryonic stem (ES) cells is currently high on the ethical and political agenda in many countries. Despite the potential benefit of using human ES cells in the treatment of disease, their use remains controversial because of their derivation from early embryos. Here, we address some of the ethical issues surrounding the use of human embryos and human ES cells in the context of state-of-the-art research on the development of stem cell based transplantation therapy.

Trusted Contributor

Typical GMO hysteria from junk science and pseudo science syes. Unfortunately, most people choose to remain ignorant and believe in hucksters because critical thinking is hard.

Respected Contributor

I don't know what GMO has to do with this... However, I support stem cell research because it can help people and save lives. I'm with Nancy Reagan on this one. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 KYToby said:

lol

Respected Contributor

I guess it is safe to say that some people posting on this thread have not ever watched The Incurables on Veria TV. Watching people cure their "incurable" diseases with major dietary changes is quite illuminating. You can actually see people's psoriasis disappear once they go vegan. It takes five to six months. Just fascinating.

I am against the use of stem cells to look for new ways to drug people. If we just ate what we were supposed to eat, so many diseases would disappear. So many diseases are actually caused by vitamin deficiencies.

I think seeing some of these negative posts, is re-inspiring me to go vegan, and live the healthiest life I possibly can. I guess something wonderful and positive can spring from intense negativity after all.

Honored Contributor

Now I can't stop laughing......acres of teeny, tiny, mini humans "farmed" for human consumption....lol. The article is about organs and organ systems. Did they bother to READ the article? Can they read? Because the article isn't saying what they think it said....lol. The idea that someday people won't die while they wait on list for organs is amazing.
Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 chrystaltree said: Now I can't stop laughing......acres of teeny, tiny, mini humans "farmed" for human consumption....lol. The article is about organs and organ systems. Did they bother to READ the article? Can they read? Because the article isn't saying what they think it said....lol. The idea that someday people won't die while they wait on list for organs is amazing.
Thank you. ITA!