Esteemed Contributor

Starting over here on Among Friends since I'm not welcomed at Viewpoints for Prayers.

I got all those down that you posted there, so nothing is lost, so let's start again here.

God bless you all!!

Esteemed Contributor

Gloriajean, you are such a trooper! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Do you hear from Cherry any more? I know she became quite discouraged and left. My best to her if you still talk with her.

I read some of Mother Theresa's writings when I was going thru such a dark time. It's a comfort to learn even the saints struggle.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi snowpuppy! I haven't heard from Cherry in a long time. She was doing fine last time I was in contact with her with no desire to return to the boards. I think she even said she was giving up the computer! Mother Teresa's writings are so good to read for everyone! Glad you read some of them.

I put a prayer on Viewpoints, it got deleted before the whole thread went, here it is again, on this forum, where I do believe it's safe.

A Prayer for Loved Ones

Lord, be their Shepherd,

Keep them with the flock,

Watch them and tend him,

Be their solid rock.

Don't let them falter,

Don't let them fall,

Wait with them, Father,

Be there for their call.

Hold their hand firmly,

The path grows so steep,

Wipe their tears gently,

Should they start to weep.

Teach them to follow,

In Your humble way,

Help them to walk,

In Your shadow each day.

Strengthen their body,

Weaken their will,

Should they deny You,

Stay with them still.

Give them Your shoulder,

On which they may rest,

Embrace them warmly,

Next to Your breast.

Please place Your hand,

Upon their dear head,

And give them Your blessing,

As their spirit is fed.

Quiet their mind,

Comfort their soul,

Put peace in their heart,

Make their life whole.

Give them a vision,

Of Your tender smile,

Let them feel loved,

All of the while.

Honored Contributor

i had posted this on the other thread, but i will post it again here.

very recently there was a small plane crash in ohio. those on board were 4 students from case western reserve university. one of those young men was a close friend of the family. it was a horrible accident. if you could, please pray and send positive thoughts to the four families that lost their sons that evening. our friend was only 18 years old and had just had his first day of classes.....and he lost his life that night with his three friends. they left this world too soon.....they were just beginning their adult lives.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

That's a beautiful prayer Gloriajean and glad you re-posted it, thank you.

Cross easter graphics

Esteemed Contributor

sunshine - I have your request but thanks for reposting it here so others can see it and pray for them also.

OC Fresh - Thank you - it's the least I can do.

Friends, I believe this one will stay, Please come and post your prayer requests - I will be praying daily for them, and I'm sure others will too.

God bless you all! He does hear our prayers.

Honored Contributor

I was just looking for that thread in viewpoints......was very disappointed to see it got poofed. There really are some folks that just can't stand when some folks are in need of encouragement, love, and concern.......for that I am sorry.

Will try to remember all that had requested prayers.....as I am ready to go to bed now and that is when I say my prayers.

Trusted Contributor

Please pray that my colonoscopy turns out well on Thur. the 11th. Thank you.

Super Contributor

Gloria, I guess you no sooner got it out of your mouth before the viewpoints post was poofed. What a shame, and... I'll leave it at that! lol

Maybe folks will let it be here on among friends. What can it hurt?

Blessings to all.

Have a happy day.

Be still, and know.
Respected Contributor

I was VERY disappointed to see that your prayer thread was removed from VP, Gloria. Your prayer was so beautiful and I appreciate your concern for us all.

Sunshine I didn't get to see about the plane crash. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain there. I am saying a prayer for them as soon as I finish this post.