Respected Contributor

Back Fence in September is still H O T ! !

Well of course it is still hot but hopefully SOON we will see a lowering of that messy humidity. It has really been bad this summer. Thought last summer was a freak one - nope - think that is what we will be getting out here.

John coming over to fix - I hope - the lights on my ceiling fan. Say a prayer I do not have to buy a new fan - I will really be disappointed. Money seems to be flying out of my hands past few months.

Have no holiday plans for the day except perhaps - depending on the heat/humidity later - fixing some hot dogs on the grill. Go withs? Have no clue as of yet.

Come on down everyone - bring something to eat. I have some ice tea AND cold water but we need some food. Nothing bashful about me.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence in September is still H O T ! !

Happy Labor Day Fencers. I'm happy that the weatherman was wrong - rain was forecasted for the entire weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were nice, if you like heat and a bit of humidity. It's overcast and rain is probably going to hit today but at least the entire weekend wasn't a washout.

Okay, Winifred, you want food, you got it {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I ran an extension cord out to the roaster which contains BBQ chicken.

The other roaster (lol) has corn on the cob

In the cooler is some three bean salad

Who's bringing the bread/rolls?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

Know I'm late, but I've got lots of hot French Croissants to add to this delicious meal. Thanks, BirdMama!

We've been waiting half the day for the contractor to call about some work we're planning to have done and so far no call so Jim is heading out to take care of some errands and I'll talk to him when and if he calls this afternoon.

Our weather is hot, but dry so you ladies might want to consider moving to my part of the world. The plants on our patio are loving it. My newest hibiscus is putting out the most beautiful coral blooms.

Well, I have a good book going on my Kindle about the Amish persecution early in the 20th century and their decision to move to Mexico (not something they'd want to do this

century{#emotions_dlg.scared} with all the horror going on down there)but anyway, I'm enjoying the story and my Kindle.

Happy Tuesday all! Sue

Respected Contributor

Well I see the food is rolling in - now to find a way to keep it coming.

Yesterday was another dumb hot/humid day - am so tired of the humidity but once it turns chilly I will really complain also. Cannot stand cold weather. What can I say.

Where is everyone? Stop by and visit - we do have a lot of fun and enjoy everyone's company. Am leaving some German Chocolate cake - now for sure that will be gone quickly. And as usual some ice tea.

Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

I haven't had breakfast yet, but I am taking a slice of German chocolate cake for lunch {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Trusted Contributor

My computer would not let me enter qvc at a,, Finally made it in on the ipad I don't do well with a touch pad so you nay see some weird words. Our server was down for some unknown reason. Seems to be back now. The computer always acts up after an update. It seems like the windows explorer and the msn explorer can't talk to each other It is hot here today and storms are headed our direction. We looked out the sunroom window and saw a big bird on the grass. I said isn't that a hawk? It was we ran out to chase him away and he just flew up in a tree as if to say you can't catch mr. We waned our arms and clapped our hands but he wouldn't move. We came back inside and he flew away. Guess he liked our entertainment.
Respected Contributor

Hey, Betty - glad you got your whatever rolling so you could come back for a visit. Don't stay away so long.

Nothing much to gab about other than I am still tired after yesterday but must admit I got a lot done. Today hope to pay some bills and also take TEssa to San Bernardino for a school session. She does not normally go on a Friday but wanted to get some extra stuff done - cannot say no to that.

Hope others stop by - we enjoy the company as sometimes it gets a tad lonesome here. Have a great day everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

It's gonna be a hot one here today - 90 degrees with humidity. Okay, Winifred, maybe not as hot as your weather {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

We're expecting rough storms later this afternoon and evening so I'm glad I'm only working until 2 pm today. That should allow me time to return some items to JCP and get home to batten down the hatches.

Looks like it will be another nail-biter. The wind scares me so.

Respected Contributor

Whew - mercy me - ugly humid. Don't think it broke 100 however you can not braethe. Just miserable. Was hoping for some great rain - but it did not happen here. That hurricane off Baja, well by the time anything rom it came our way, it was a few HOT winds and just miserable - not ONE dorp of water. However, about 10 minutes from here up in the hills, they had downpours and mudslides. Sigh. I do not want mudslides but would loved to have had some of that water. Boo Hoo.

Church was great today - lots of people which is very good. And can you believe they are brining ina LOTS of $$$ also. That is super good. ATtendance is really picking up - Olin is working miracles there. The church we left just sent out emails to people who attend - and also those still listed as members but do not attend - BEGGING for money. Seems they are way below what they need for this past summer. What can I say - they created their own monsters.

Hope all take care!!!!! Stay cool - I am trying.

Honored Contributor

Hello there Fencers - I lucked out with the storms on Friday and didn't lose any trees or power. My 14 year old DVD player, rather the DVD player I bought my DH, finally petered out on Saturday night - wouldn't recognize that any DVD was in the tray. Sunday morning, I ran to Target and picked up a cheapie DVD player by Phillips.

The bluray players are all 'smart' and allow streaming and internet stuff. I bought a 'smart' TV when I finally transitioned to digital TVs last year. It was on sale (my only defense) and I wish I would have found a dumb TV instead (lol). Anyway, the HDMI cable ($17) for the new DVD player was almost half the price of the DVD player ($39). Hard to believe they don't include cables or anything with most electronics any more.

On the way to my house after going to Target and Meijers (for grocery shopping) I noticed a marked squad car on the wrong side of the street (we are only allowed curb parking on my side of the street). I then saw an unmarked squad car on the right side of the street. There were no flashing lights or anything and when I passed them to get to my driveway, I had a sad feeling and said to myself, someone is receiving bad news.

Once I put my stuff away and made sure the new DVD player worked (it's cheap but works awesome) I cut my back yard grass. My neighbor flagged her arms as I was cutting the grass and told me that a neighbor (three door down from me) Emily passed away at home. She was scheduled for hip replacement surgery and her daughter had come by with the kids in tow to take her for pre-op blood work. Her daughter left the kids in the car and went to get Emily and she found her Mom deceased. The coffee pot was still warm (it had been turned off) and her cup of coffee was not quite cold on the table.

How sad is that? My Mom always used to say tomorrow is never promised and she wasn't kidding.

Here are some cookies, in case you want a snack with coffee or tea