Honored Contributor

This is really out there, but with proper training, would you want to go into space?

Sandra Bullock's movie, "Gravity" got me to thinking about our space missions of the past. I'm sorry that I never got to see a launch (not counting t.v.). I would think seeing earth from outer space would be remarkable.

Anyone else ever think that would have been something to experience with proper training and knowledge?

Honored Contributor

Re: This is really out there, but with proper training, would you want to go into space?

No. I've always found it creepy.

Honored Contributor

Re: This is really out there, but with proper training, would you want to go into space?

No and this may sound weird, but I couldn't stand the claustrophobia of being in the space shuttle with no way out.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Definitely not!!

Honored Contributor

Nope. My dad worked in the rocket "industry" for years, and I used to tell him that I thought we ought to get more done here on earth before we started messing with other places.
Valued Contributor

I don't particularly like flying or travel, but I think I would like to go into space. I think it would be pretty much mind-blowing and I am of an age where if I don't come back, I'm OK with that and think what I would have experienced and seen (I'm assuming we make it into space for a few days, that we don't blow up like the Challenger, God rest their souls). Imagine being able to look back at the Earth! I guess if we did blow up on launch at least I went through astronaut training!

Respected Contributor

No I would never want to, and I don't like flying either. I wouldn't go on a cruise ship either. I like my feet planted firmly on the ground. Just a phobia I guess.

Honored Contributor

No; never been interested.

Honored Contributor

Not for me.
Honored Contributor

This is really out there, but with proper training, would you want to go into space?

Nah! Not for me. I don't even care to drive to the other side of the city to play our hockey games, much less go into outer space. This old guy is happy just being in a beautiful home with all our furry kids. Why would I want anything else when I have a "good wife and health" which are a "mans best wealth"?

hckynut(john)