Regular Contributor

Credit report inquiry-question

We applied for a home loan back in July. I received an alert from Protect My ID that Credco requested a copy of my credit report at that time so I knew what it was for.

This morning I received an alert that Credco requested a copy of my report TODAY. I find that strange as it is Saturday and our loan process is over with. I called Protect My ID and they didn't know why it was requested and Credco is closed today.

Since I have to wait until Monday thought I'd see if anyone else had this experience. Not sure why another copy of my report would be requested if it had to do with our home loan. I'm kind of worried...

Valued Contributor

Re: Credit report inquiry-question

In NYS, prior to closing on the mortgage loan, another credit report is requested to insure that no new lines of credit have been opened up. My son and DIL just went through this when they purchased their new home. The person who handled the mortgage process for them advised them this would be happening.

If you've already closed on your home purchase, then I would definitely inquire. HTH.

Helen852
Regular Contributor

Thank you for replying! I feel better now. We close next week Friday so that would make sense then.

Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the home!!

Helen852
Regular Contributor

Thank you!!