Occasional Contributor

Rebecca is beautiful! Intolerance is not.

Hi there, I just want to show support for the model Rebecca. I think she is gorgeous and I love it when she models. Her coloring, hair and complexion is enviable. I love the variety, ages and sizes of all the QVC models, and appreciate the diversity.

I am shocked and amazed that women much like myself tear others down, particularly when they are women of size. Rebecca is a role model for me and many others. I have been every size from 8 to 54 and I have been a recipient of this behavior. When I was smaller, I was stunned at how much "kinder" many people were. I am currently a size 14 and try to live a happy and productive life regardless of my size. It's not always easy.

It is heartbreaking to me that we lack tolerance and acceptance. Hiding behind the veil of an internet identity does not give one permission to behave like a heartless ogre. People, can you imagine how someone you love might feel seeing negative comments about themselves? You are entitled to your opinion, certainly, but would you go up to someone in the street and tell them their looks do not meet your standards? Maybe you would, and perhaps you'd better look within instead of posting on this forum.

I like seeing threads about current events, or constructive criticism about products. But people? Criticism about people? That crosses a line in my book. Why behave on the form in a way that is inconsistent with how you would behave in real life?

Please be kind to each other.

Respected Contributor

Re: Rebecca is beautiful! Intolerance is not.

This is a nice posting and I mostly agree.......were you just taking literary license when you said you were a size 54 and now a 14 ? If that is true......many kudos to you...that is remarkable and very hard work. I applaud you !
Respected Contributor

Rebecca is lovely and she is a size 1X. If you are now a size 14 OP you are probably a good size but still remember how it felt to be heavier. Congratulations!!!

Occasional Contributor

Hi Danky,

Thank you for your post! Yes, I actually was 400 pounds for most of my adult life and am less than half that now. It was through blood, sweat and tears, but the greatest gift is the mobility. We take so much for granted. I am very thankful and feel reborn in many ways.

I was reviewing some recent threads and just had to comment when I saw the criticism. We are of the culture now where we often take liberties behind the computer screen. Perhaps I am naive, but I just cannot fathom some of the posts. I always say "your words become your actions"...I am happy to say there are many awesome people like yourself that add a happy balance to the mix.

Occasional Contributor

Nice work, kreplach! I lost a lot of weight and know how hard it is (mentally more than anything, for me at least) and you massive loss is impressive! Smile

Honored Contributor

Rebecca is beautiful and my favorite model. She has the most beautiful coloring and skin. I haven't seen any comments about her.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have never read a bad post about Rebecca. I think she is very pretty and love her red hair. I think it's great QVC shows models of all sizes, and usually we can determine our size from them.

Honored Contributor

Huh? Did I miss something. I cannot recall reading any negative or insulting posts about Rebecca or any of the the othe plus size models; so, where is this coming from????

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 chrystaltree said:

Huh? Did I miss something. I cannot recall reading any negative or insulting posts about Rebecca or any of the the othe plus size models; so, where is this coming from????

I was wondering the same thing, I wonder who could be so nasty and critical of another with out posting their own photo, lol

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the responses. they mean so much. I made the OP because I searched the forum for information on Rebecca's clothing size, to try and gauge my own. That's when I saw the criticism. However, the positive responses here are the main focus. The takeaway is that we all find her, and all the other models BEAUTIFUL.