Esteemed Contributor

Future VACATION plans - what are you planning?

I've asked this question before because I enjoy reading travelogues and getting ideas. What travel plans are you looking forward to?

I have a family, car travel, trip to NC waterfall / mountain country in September. A nice break from air travel. We are planning a flight to PHX in late February for family visit and spring BB training camp. Scotland / Ireland are definitely on my radar. No specific plans as of yet.

Safe travels!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Future VACATION plans - what are you planning?

I need a real vacation, but am taking a vacation next week to visit family. I am flying to CT and staying for eight days. Haven't decided what i'll do yet. I'm leaning toward not telling anyone other than family that I'm there and keeping it low key.

Valued Contributor

My husband and I are going to Sanibel Island at the end of September for our 50th birthdays.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Honored Contributor

November-2 week cruise to Caribbean January, 2015 - 3 week cruise to Caribbean and Panama Canal counting the days!!!
Honored Contributor

Going to visit my parents for 7 days in Indian Wells CA in October. Doing a two night stay in Beverly Hills beforehand to go to the Price is Right and also Universal Studios for another show taping. (My sister is making us do this!)

Just spent 3 days in Chicago compliments of DH's company towards end of July, that was nice.

Did a 4 day weekend in NYC this past weekend with friends.

Other than that everything else has been by car, but we pretty much stay put during the summer months as the grandkids are out of school and I love seeing them.

Esteemed Contributor

Las Vegas and Maui for 2 weeks in December and New Zealand in March for 3 days weeks.
Honored Contributor

On 8/13/2014 redhead handbag queen said:

My husband and I are going to Sanibel Island at the end of September for our 50th birthdays.

This is near where I live - it will be hot hot hot there then. It is always still very hot and humid when we get home from Pa mid Oct. But , hey, that's what pools are for. I love to spend a day out on Sanibel.

I wanted to add - if you rent a boat to go out in the gulf for an afternoon and buy a bucket of bait - you can attract dolphins with the bait and they will follow you - photo opportunity.

Honored Contributor

We are going up to Lake erie for a few days next week , mostly to visit friends, but also at least one afternoon at the beach we hope.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion HH. We went to Sarasota the first week in August one year, we got got off the plane and you couldn't breath. It was unreal. My sister was moving back so we had to then. We've been there in September before and hey, it isn't August. Haha
This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Super Contributor

Long weekend trips to NYC, Boston and either Traverse City or Mackinac Island are coming up. Then it's off to the beach late October until just before Christmas. Back to the beach sometime in Feb until early/mid April. Haven't really planned much beyond that.