Frequent Contributor

Anyone watching the new Outlander series on Starz? Diana Gabaldon's books are fantastic, and while I have my own vision of the fabulous Jamie Fraser, I like this version of Jamie and Claire, too. I thought the premier show was terrific and loved the musical score.

Trusted Contributor

I know that some here will likely chime in soon, teathyme as they've been discussing looking forward to it on other threads. I will have to read the books, as I don't get Starz. Thank you for mentioning the author's name and I hope you enjoy the new series.

Esteemed Contributor
I was only vaguely aware of the book series and found the TV series by accident while channel surfing. I was hooked within seconds. The story line was engrossing, the acting first-rate, the atmosphere superb, and that Jamie is gorgeous!
Frequent Contributor

All, the series has been really good after only two episodes. The books are thousands of times better! Glad I found them.

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoying. I have a Scottish background (MacGregors and MacLachlands) so I'm watching with interest. Is this filmed in Scotland or all around Great Britain? I could Google -- just thought someone may know.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I'm just loving Outlander so far! Very nice production and wonderful scenery. I have not read the books, in order to compare, or to know why Clare's husband did not go back in time with her - yet he's there, but so different in character, while she remains the same. Is it reincarnation, I wonder...?

Love the theme song and background music. I hope they will release a soundtrack.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/20/2014 ury said:

Enjoying. I have a Scottish background (MacGregors and MacLachlands) so I'm watching with interest. Is this filmed in Scotland or all around Great Britain? I could Google -- just thought someone may know.

According to IMDb, it is filmed in Scotland and the U.K. I'd like to know more specifics on the locations and will search later. Beautiful scenery and the set is very believable.

Contributor

To Rowan72 - Frank did not travel back in time. The person Claire meets is Frank's gr-gr-gr-grandfather (I don't know how many greats), who Frank strongly resembles (and is played by the same actor). In the scenes when Frank is discussing his family genealogy, he talks about his ancestor "Black Jack".

Honored Contributor
How many eps of this series have I missed? Should I maybe read the book to try to "get in"? I've failed miserably to get myself into Downton Abbey, and I don't want another failure on my PERMANENT RECORD!
Frequent Contributor
On 8/25/2014 violann said: How many eps of this series have I missed? Should I maybe read the book to try to "get in"? I've failed miserably to get myself into Downton Abbey, and I don't want another failure on my PERMANENT RECORD!

Hi, Violann...This week will be Episode 4. I think you can watch the others online if you've missed any, and I would definitely recommend the first book in the series. There are eight books so far, and the TV series covers the first book. There will be eight episodes this fall, and eight more starting in January. So you could finish the first book, titled "Outlander," before the next eight start. Kilts ahoy!