Frequent Contributor

What do you think of 'The Trivago Guy'?

Super Contributor

I wrote a reply and it disappeared. (the ads with this actor creep me out.)

Frequent Contributor

I just wondered if I was the only one who felt that way. I wish they would get someone new. I don't seem to be able to turn the channel but it's not because I'm listening to the ad....not even sure what it's about....but it's not because I like looking at him either....I don't know why I look at him...he is creepy.

Honored Contributor

He's definitely "trending" right now.

I thought the same thing, so I Googled "trivago guy". This guy is an established actor, musician, model & voice-over guy. His IMDb is filled with bit parts. He's also an established soap actor in Germany...that's why everything on his FB is in German. Apparently the internet is abuzz w/ this guy...Rolling Stone JUST did an article on him (link below). He laughs @ the 'creepy' references with the Trivago commercial!

Fun to learn about people, huh?

Trivago Guy! Tim Williams

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Super Contributor

There's one of the ads where he looks like a derelict to me. Unshaven, hair poorly styled and scruffy clothing. Certainly not someone whose travel advice I would seek. There's another where he appears better groomed but I agree there's something odd about him. Maybe that's why they hired him. He's got me remembering the name Trivago and I guess that's the point.

Respected Contributor

I can't get passed his unkempt look.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

He's pretty nondescript to me. I know the commercials, but I didn't really pay much attention to.him.

He kind of fades into the background, imo.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I couldn't place the accent. German, eh? Thanks!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Bio says he was born in Houston....but just moved to Germany 10yrs ago for his soap-opera job...so yep, there's a bit of an accent I'm sure.

He laughed how everyone on the internet thinks HE'S frumpy & disheveled in his personal life...Nope..the producers styled it that way. Funny...he's definitely an 'internet buzz' right now!

Respected Contributor

I call him "creepy man" and change the channel every time I see him. to me, he looks like he just got home from a bar at 5 a.m & hasn't showered, shaved or changed his clothes for 2 days and smells like cigarettes. that's just my impression. I'm not sure why the producers "styled" him that way for the commercial, but it's definitely not a look that appeals to me.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich