Honored Contributor

My DH did something nice for a friend we only know casually from camp. It was a bit of work for him to do and took a few days to complete. (electrical work) As a TY they gave him a gift card to a steak house. Does he need to write a TY note for the TY? He is a very generous person and frequently does favors for people and many times they give him something like this - he says that he doesn't need to write a TY for the TY - I disagree and usually write it for him. Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: A ? about thank you cards

Next time you run into him, mention how much you enjoyed eating at the steakhouse. That should be sufficient.

Respected Contributor

No. He already thanked him when he received it. I buy gift cards, plants and things for people that help me and I do not expect one.

Honored Contributor

No. You are going above and beyond.

Respected Contributor

I sometimes feel the same, but there would be no end to the thank you for the thank you for the thank you.
Honored Contributor

If in doubt I am sure he will do what it thinks is best. If he feels like he wants to sent a TY card? To me that is up to him to decide not anyone else.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

No I don't it is necessary to send a thank you card. They wanted him to have the gift card to thank him. I would just end it there. If you run into them sometime just let them know that you enjoyed the dinner.

Respected Contributor

I think that if the gift was handed to him personally, he probably said THANK YOU at that time. If it was mailed to him, then I think he should acknowledge that he received it.