Valued Contributor

I understand that's the term for it. Everytime I have a new CD of music to listen to in the car it happens. After I have listened to it several times I get some of the songs stuck in my head and it about drives me nuts. When I go to bed I can't even sleep for hearing the music over and over and over. Makes me question my mental health. Anybody else deal with this? I love music, especially while driving, but think I'm going to have to stop listening!

Honored Contributor

I get ear worms all the time. I actually appreciate them when I'm trying to fall asleep because they're a distraction from my tinnitus.

Valued Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry you have tinnitus. I have often been worried that I will get it. I actually stopped going to concerts because the last time I had ringing in my ears for DAYS.

Honored Contributor

The music at many concerts is WAY too loud so I know what you are saying there. Sometimes the sound in a movie theatre aggravates my ears too. As I've become older I'm a lot more sensitive to loud noises.

Super Contributor

My newest, for the past few days, is the Bay City Rollers' "Saturday Night", LOL. And it's one of those ear worms that just pops into your head out of nowhere.

Going to YouTube to try to get it outta my brain, LOL.

Honored Contributor

Yes, mine is called "Go You Chicken Fat, Go" after hearing it on a commercial.

Valued Contributor

We used to exercise to Chicken Fat when I was in grammar school. Talk about a blast from the past when I heard that commercial!

Valued Contributor
On 7/20/2014 colliemom3 said:

The music at many concerts is WAY too loud so I know what you are saying there. Sometimes the sound in a movie theatre aggravates my ears too. As I've become older I'm a lot more sensitive to loud noises.

The last few times I went to the movies I wore ear plugs. It actually made the volume just perfect. Ridiculous that it is so loud. I have complained to attendants before but it does no good.

Honored Contributor
On 7/20/2014 Feline Fine said:

My newest, for the past few days, is the Bay City Rollers' "Saturday Night", LOL. And it's one of those ear worms that just pops into your head out of nowhere.

Going to YouTube to try to get it outta my brain, LOL.

I love that song!

Honored Contributor
On 7/20/2014 cinebee said:
On 7/20/2014 colliemom3 said:

The last few times I went to the movies I wore ear plugs. It actually made the volume just perfect. Ridiculous that it is so loud. I have complained to attendants before but it does no good.

Yes it's just crazy. Years ago I attened an aerobics class where they handed out ear plugs because the music they used to exercise to was blaring!