Occasional Contributor

So.....got a gift from boyfriend .He wanted me to have a newer cell phone. Comes home from work and hands me his fathers old i phone. Ok,thats very generous.... phone is only a year old and works just fine.However, boyfriend forgot to delete all the texts to his father saying horrible things about me! Boyfriend is middle age and holds a good position.Im thinking i may be deleting more then just old texts in the very near future.

Super Contributor

IMO You need to think more of yourself and tell him to take his phone and his good position and hit the door.

Respected Contributor

tearoses, say goodbye and hang up! What a jerk.

(BTW, I typed the above sentences AFTER I laughed out loud when I read what he left on
"your" phone.)

Honored Contributor

Sure sounds like confrontation avoidance. Wow. JMHO I wasn't there though, do you want to discuss this with him and give him a chance to defend himself?

Honored Contributor

talk about passive agressive texts

Esteemed Contributor

now there's a Yeah/Boo kind of gift....

Esteemed Contributor

Can you see some of his answers?

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe he did not delete the texts because he does not have the backbone to tell you what he really thinks about you. Maybe that is why he is your live in boyfriend and not your husband. I would bet he knows what he did. I guess it surprises me that you did not know what he thought about you. Get out and keep moving on.

Trusted Contributor

I am wondering why you posted this.... don't you really know what to do?

Honored Contributor

....maybe that's his way of getting out of the relationhip. He left those texts on the phone deliberate so you break up with him. Which, I hope you did.