Regular Contributor

does anyone else like and believe in the paranormal?

I really like watching anything paranormal. I believe in spirits and life after death. I would love to hear from other people who are like me. And I would really love to hear from people who have had experiences with this. I don't know why this has always interested me but it has. I have had a couple unexplained things that have happened but nothing real serious and as much as the paranormal interests me I don't want anything bad happening! I was talking to dh about this and he doesn't believe in the paranormal. I watch the long island medium etc. And dh believes its all acting. So I asked him. If I was to pass before him wouldn't he want me to come back and let him know I'm OK and how much I love him. He said heck no! Haha. It was funny how he said it. I told him if he passes before me he better let me know he's OK and waiting for me to join him. Anyways. Does anyone else feel like this? No one I know does. No one. So do any of you feel like me? Please be kind, I'm not as thick skinned as I would like to be. And this is a little weird. We are on vacation right now. We rented a house. I hate this house. The best way I can explain it is it's creepy! I have hardly slept since we got here. Please don't get the wrong idea but I have had a few drinks every night just so I could get a few hours sleep. We are leaving tonight and I'm soooo happy! Just because of the house. Vacation has been wonderful otherwise. Its like we could be gone all day and as soon as we go back to this creepy house I want to cry! Anyways leaving tonight so yeah!!!! Hopefully I can reply soon. Home is 18hours away.
Honored Contributor

Re: does anyone else like and believe in the paranormal?

does anyone else like and believe in the paranormal?

I don't like it and I don't believe in it. I know many like to watch/listen and read about things outside of scientific laws. I can't get interested in things that to me seem to defy everything scientific. Hey, if some like those things more power to them.

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

Hcyknut-i understand. I really do. Not everyone does. I probably need to find a paranormal board. I just wondered if maybe this thread would start a nice conversation between people who also believe.
Honored Contributor

I definitely believe in it. Op, my boyfriend feels the same way as your husband and I also told him if I go first he will never be rid of me because I will prove him wrong everyday. I have a running joke that if he ever decides to do me in he won't ever have a moment's peace. At least with me alive he can get alone time when he wants.

When I go in any antique shops, I experience such a range of emotions it's draining.

Super Contributor

I definitely believe in it, and I know others who do as well. I've had the type of experiences you refer to, but don't really want to go into them on this board. However I totally understand and sympathize with your feelings about the creepy house. I will say this. Sometimes a particular place/house has that sort of effect on one person but not another. I had a friend who was afraid to go into a mutual friend's house because she felt something horrible had happened there. I didn't get that feeling about the house but my friend actually broke out in a cold sweat whenever she was in the house. I have had those feelings about other houses though, two of which I actually lived in. Later, when we no longer lived in one of the houses, we found out that someone had died there of a drug overdose.

Honored Contributor

I am a big fan of Long Island Medium; I do believe she has a very unique gift, and I love how she uses that gift in ways that bring comfort and peace to those who have lost loved ones. I firmly believe our loved ones send messages to us from the other side. I feel I have received several; mainly from my Dad and both sets of grandparents. I have been awakened from a sound sleep hearing my Dad call my name, and just last week, I was awakened by my grandfather's voice, which was in relation to an ongoing issue with my Mom. The message from him was very comforting, and I am keeping that in mind as we wait for test results.

Contributor

Hi spookyg. Yes, I believe in all that stuff, but like Issie, prefer not to go into it too much on this BB. I feel badly for you that you've got no one to talk to about it. That stinks! Being 'sensitive' often runs in families which provides a built-in discussion group to toss ideas and experiences around in. It must be hard to be wondering about it all solo.

You may very well be 'sensitive', and picked up on a vibe in the vacation house. I think that some places have a negative energy, and others can be downright evil. Glad you're outta there!

Why not try to find out if there's a spiritualist church in your area? They may be able to answer any questions you might have. Some are better than others.

I wish you well on your journey, but be careful out there, OK? Never welcome in anything negative.

Honored Contributor

Yes. I believe in it. I used to watch paranormal type shows a lot, and still do sometimes... but nowhere near as often. The reason is because I had a couple of strange what I'd call paranormal experiences after what I feel was watching them too much. The same thing happened to someone else in my family as well. I realize not all may believe me but I thought I'd post anyway. It is definitely a very interesting subject.

Honored Contributor

By the way.....there was a really long thread on this subject on the Beauty Board within the last year or so. I think someone tried to have it deleted but they weren't sucessful. It had hundreds of posts of people's experiences with this type of thing. Most were very interesting.

Contributor

Yes I believe in it because I lived in a haunted house for 2 years. The owner had a bad divorce and killed himself in the upstairs bedroom. A neighbor told us after we moved in. Our newborn screamed every night at 3am in that room. After we found out, we moved our son out of the room, shut the door and put the house up for sale. It took 2 years to sell. We felt like we were being pushed down the stairs, tv in the air, and voices. I wouldn't believe this if I didn't experience it myself. We tried to get the house blessed by a family friend- priest and he said no. Nobody wanted to come in the house.