Super Contributor
How much money have you saved by cutting back on shopping? What have you done with your savings. Day 3 with no shopping
Respected Contributor

I still shop but use Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover plan. Budgets and planning are great for paying off everything and screaming I'm Debt Free.

Trusted Contributor

Good for you, Nikalette! I wish you continued success. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

The money I save through careful shopping---or forgoing purchases that tempt me usually goes to charity first, such as Habitat for Humanity, then some into our travel fund. A friend saved enough last year alone to pay for her Alaskan cruise vacation!

Contributor

The title of this topic intrigued me. I wouldn't call myself reformed but I am trying to be a more disciplined shopper. I LOVE to shop and browse and now I'm being less impulsive(most of the time.)

Respected Contributor

Never been a real shopper. Lately I've bought much less because my father lived with me and died a little over a year ago and he threw nothing out and I spent a long time de-cluttering. One of the things I realized - I was quick to blame it all on my father, but in reality I had a lot of junk as well. Now that the place is de-cluttered, I want to keep it that way.

I'm buying less, when wallet gets heavy from all the change I toss it into a jar and when that gets full emptying it into a 3 lb coffee can and take to my credit union that has a free coin counter for customers. These two measures are saving me a lot - last month just the change in that coffee can added $560 to my checking account. Anything I save goes into my travel fund.