Trusted Contributor

Just curious. Some threads end up with many many posts. I find that I get bored and can't read through all of them, especially after 10-12 posts. Do you read them to the last one? Some of these threads have 100+ posts!

Honored Contributor

Re: Long threads - do you read?

No, I don't. I'm also not visiting ones that now resemble host bashing. I'm trying to be more positive, life's too short not to.

So, no, usually too many attached boxes, makes my eyes crazy.

Super Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

No. I'll read the first post, a couple of replies, and then go to the end to see how it has changed topics, get the tone, etc.

One of the more interesting ones lately in VP was about how QVC targets the older customer, and it became about the high cost of education. Along the way, oil companies were blamed...for something.

edited.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I sometimes skim/scan them, then end up in 'trouble' because I post without reading all of the updates, whatever! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

It depends. If I see a lot of quoting, if I see that it descends into a few of the same people fighting and/or arguing, bullying, complaining, or bashing, I get out fast.

Esteemed Contributor

no, I lose interest in the very long threads....

I, also, do not read any posts that are long with no paragraphs....its like one long paragraph that never ends...I move on....I don't have time to sort what is being said....

Honored Contributor

Never. That would be like doing homework....lol. plus with all the copying of previous posts, it's too confusing. You can't sort it all out. I just skim through and then add my two cents. Which often is a repeat of what someone has already said.....and said it better.

Honored Contributor

Long threads - do you read?

I have to because I am the one who writes a lot of them. Know many don't read my posts but also know many that are looking for some type of help and know my background in certain things always read them, especially if they are the one that asked the questions.

Yes, I do read long posts but it depends on the topic and and if it is written so I can understand what the OP is saying.

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Sometimes they're interesting or funny, and if so, I sometimes read through them. If not, I may skim the OP and a few responses and move on.