Respected Contributor

Do you still go to the mall?

It is rare for me these days to go to a mall - unless, the item can only be found say at Nordie's, Macy or Dillards. Other than that, online shopping is the way to go. I look for free shipping deals.

How 'bout you?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

Re: Do you still go to the mall?

Sure I still go to the mall. For me online shopping is the exception, not the rule, and then only with Q and they are no longer what they were when I first started shopping with them. I rarely watch them anymore, except for a certain handful of shows.

Respected Contributor

I do both. Browsing is best done in person (when you have no one thing that you are looking for), IMO.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

Never.
Honored Contributor

Yes! I prefer to try on before buying and I was just there Sunday with girl friends.

Trusted Contributor

I love the malls. Its always been relaxing and fun for me to walk the mall and see the stores. One of my favorite things to do.

Esteemed Contributor

Hardly ever...can't remember the last time I was in a mall...maybe since December 2013!!

Super Contributor

About 8 years ago I was at the mall several times a month or more. It was a fun Saturday to shop, have lunch, take in a movie, etc. Then the economy flattened, the anchor stores closed when a new open air "mall" opened in an upscale area. Now the old mall is closed, the open air mall is about five minutes from my house but usually the weather is too hot, too cold, raining, snowy, it's dark at night, etc. Personally unless its a great spring or fall day, I just run into the store that I need to go to and leave. There are two other traditional malls about 40 minutes away that I might visit during the holidays although last year I ordered online instead. The open air mall is just not conductive to leisure shopping or socializing. I do miss my favorite mall that is no more........
Esteemed Contributor

No shopping malls close to me so online shopping, mostly.

I did get in a trip to Somerset when I was in Detroit a few months ago.

OMG! I forgot what the mall was like on a busy Saturday! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Trusted Contributor

Not as much as I used to go. I hate the crowds and congestion. I hate the parking issues, etc. If I do go, I go early in the morning on the weekend. I just get tired of everyone walking, looking at their phone, never paying attention. I find the whole shopping experience exhausting. I much prefer going to TJ Maxx or Ross or Marshalls, those stand alone stores than the mall.

But of course, I go there for Sephora.

Years ago, I'd get up early in the morning in the summer (I live in AZ) and walk the mall for exercise around 7am before work. It was fun to window shop and just race through the mall with my MP3 blasting in my ear. I always wanted to stay when they opened the mall at 10am when it was so quiet and easy to get around. I haven't done that in awhile.