Frequent Contributor
Anyone have a good way to get rid of them. I have some on my neck...bothers me to even wear necklaces.Thanks friends.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Skin Tags--Advice Please

How big are they? I have had success with putting alcohol on it, let it dry, put a layer of clear nail polish on it 2 times a day till they dry up and go away. I learned this on these boards and it works good on smaller ones. If its a large one you may have to see a dermatologist and have it removed.

Respected Contributor

Skin tags can be a distinct warning sign for type 2 maturity oncet diabetes. Ask your doctor for a glucose insulin tolerance test. Even if it doesn't run in your family skin tags sometimes indicate a higher risk for you.

Respected Contributor

Surprised to see the above. Almost everyone I know has them once they reach a certain age along with a lot of other strange looking bumps that have no heads.

Honored Contributor

I freeze them off with something I bought off the shelf, I think it is a Dr. Scholl's product, but it is easily available.

Honored Contributor

I tie sewing thread around them, which cuts off the circulation, so they dry up and fall off usually within 24 hours.

Respected Contributor

Try Compound W wart remover (or the generic). Just paint it on. That has worked best for me. Also have tried clear nail polish, but that takes longer and makes you all itchy and red.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I would go to a Dermatologist and have them removed, plus let them look at them, just to be safe. I have had this done, and unfortunately, they grow back!

Honored Contributor

Clear nail polish does the trick for me.

Honored Contributor

I had about 25 of them on my neck. Tried all the home remedies and nothing worked. Nail polish won't stick to your skin long enough; tea tree oil actually burned my skin. Wart remover was expensive and also didn't work. My doctor offered to freeze them off. She used some substance that just caused a slight sting. In two weeks the tags fell off; in a month the redness was gone and you couldn't tell they ever existed. Some of the more expensive fast cures leave a scar. I was not charged for this other than for an office visit.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment