Frequent Contributor

Dr. Phil and Robin's Informercial

OMG - anyone see Dr. Phil today? (April 21st)

I was interested in the couple he was interviewing. In the middle of it the spot light goes on Robin and how she helped three women receive their REVELATION once they tried Robin's skin care.

Now she's promoting teeth whitener. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I'm so disgusted - I will never turn on his show again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Phil and Robin's Informercial

I rarely see Dr. Phil in the afternoon but today I did notice how the program stopped and the infomercial began, I'd rather see a 'show' not a commercial about her products.

Respected Contributor

Dr Phil is hawking in my opinion. For a long time it was his son's publishing company or something like that - I stayed away. I do check back and ALWAYS there is Robin being promoted. Just cannot recall a spouse having a program before who promotes his entire family in businesses - does not seem right. But then I also feel his programs have become way to similar to a few other programs, i.e Steve somebody and Jerry you know how. I really liked him for a long time as I felt his programs were super helpful - no more.

Super Contributor

They seem addicted to a certain kind of lifestyle, therefore, addicted to money.

Super Contributor

I was okay the first time they did it, but if they're going to do this every day I'm done with the Dr. Phil Show.

Super Contributor

They did this last week when his wife's Revelation line was debuted. This week they did the same thing. What I find questionable is in both instances they used women who were in some crises of sort or have been in some crises. But since these women used this new line of skin care, their lives are much more fulfilling and happy. Taking advantage of women going through difficult times is disgraceful, in my opinion. All this done under the pretext that taking care of yourself changes everything. In reality it is just hawking one's wares for a buck.

Respected Contributor

YES! How desperate can they be? This is so off-putting. I personally don't think Robin is an authority on anything. She is a good promoter, though. Huge difference. I'm sick of this self-promotion - if it's not Phil hawking his latest book, it's Robin's book & now skin care line and not to mention his son's publishing company.

Now that I know how they operate, next time I see this coming on, I'm switching channels.

Enough already!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

Get real people. If you and your family had a very popular TV show, are you saying you would never use it to promote your spouse or child's newest business endeavor, especially when it is being televised to millions anyway? Would you not help your family members in any way you could if you had the forum to do so ? I think you would.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch his show anymore. I used to really enjoy it the first several years it was on.

Super Contributor

They seem to be pushing Robin's skin products, son's Dr. show, son's book company, and Dr. on call... more than giving us a good show lately. Oh and Dr Phil's books as well. The show should be called Phil and family's products for sale. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}