Super Contributor

Cool

Super Contributor

If you enjoy the lunar eclipses, be sure to catch this, it will be gorgeous !!!

Super Contributor

The Blood Moon, so named because of its BLOOD RED appearance, and RED is the color of women's heart health awareness.

Fight heart disease! Woman power! Yeah!

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Trusted Contributor

Google is your friend.

Super Contributor

I suppose that's when the world is supposed to end and all the ""good"" people will be saved?

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Trusted Contributor

Who suggested that? It's a sequence of events that will occur in the heavens, as predicted by biblical prophecy - and according to NASA's separate timeline.

BUT, if it did mark the end of the world, that would still make more sense to me than the moon putting on displays in support of heart disease or breast cancer awareness.

Super Contributor

Sorry, I was saying "oh pooh" to NASA. I don't think they are going to persuade me about the end of the world....it's just ludicrous to me ! LOL ! {#emotions_dlg.lol} But I am not a follower of John Hagee either, although I am well -versed in his teachings, and that of many other evangelists.

"Google", You Tube, the web, in general, don't impress me much either. I don't believe everything I see, hear, or read either, unless God said it.

I have been "churched" since infancy, and have walked with the Lord all of my life. I follow His word and teachings. No one else's.

I understand what you are trying to say.

I have my belief's on that.

But in this free world, everyone has the right to believe what they want, as long as they don't try to shove it down my throat. That's the beauty of our free world.

Blessings.

P.S. Agnesann..... I never implied the moon was putting on displays for breast cancer awarness. I was merely using their ad to enlighten people to watch the lunar eclipse coming up on the 14th. Yuban wanted to make an argument about what it represented.

P.S.S. In the biblical prophesy you speak of, WHO prophesied these events? God himself?

No ! The book of Revelations was written by John, from visions and dreams and concepts he had that he presumed how the end of the world would come to and end. He deeply believed his visions to be truth, and all that they entailed. And everything he wrote in Revelations was while he was exiled. He wanted Christians to know that God controls everything that happens here on Earth, and he wanted them to have hope as they were being persecuted for their faith in Jesus, His son. We don't know the true state of his mind during this time of exile, or his health. Who really knows? These visions could have been fevered dreams, or many things. He had been in Patmos when writing these missives. And teachings make it clear that these signs, symbols, and imagery were at best difficult to interpret.

We accept it as a teaching because it is the last book of the Bible, but do we know if this is the word of God or man? Men wrote the books of the Bible from witness and memory, and how much has been passed down by word of mouth, in story form and re-written ?

It will always be argued by Biblical men and those not, I'm sure. And until we all experience what is purported I guess none of us will really know. But we have the right to our belief's. And I hope more of us than not will always continue to love and worship God.

Trusted Contributor

Peace to you and Yuban, hope-Q. My only original point was we have this interesting line up in the heavens, beginning on the 15th, according to those dates that coincide with NASA's schedule - which I believe they are accurate with such predictions. I will be watching along with you, Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

To make clear, no where did I suggest that NASA or anyone else is saying this sequence marks the end of the world. Sorry if I caused confusion.

Trusted Contributor

I know exactly what you're speaking to, agnesann. This lunar eclipse (blood moon) is only the first of four we'll see in short order---divided by a solar eclipse.

According to NASA, a highly unusual 'Tetrad'---four successive total 'blood-red' lunar eclipses each followed by six full moons---will start Tuesday and finish on September 28, 2015.