Honored Contributor

Tornado time is coming, need to set some things aside..

Watching a show on PBS and this reminds me that we're coming into tornado season. I think I need to get busy and set some things aside in case of an emergency. Just a reminder to anyone else who also can be heading into a disaster time of the year. New season, new emergency times to get prepared for. Just a reminder. Guess we need to do it now, before it's too late and needed. Don't forget meds and what your pets might need. Any elders you care for? That too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tornado time is coming, need to set some things aside..

My husband and I keep a tote bag packed, year round. We actually call it the "tornado tote". If we have to head to the basement because of a tornado warning or leave the house in case of evacuation, it's the first thing we grab.

Our tornado holds our extra pairs of eyeglasses, medications, some cash, some family jewelry pieces, cell phone charger, safe deposit box key and our "pink book". Our pink book has all our stuff in it- bank account information, social security cards, copies of wills, life insurance policies, 401K info and anything anyone in our family would need if they had to settle our estate.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

You're not wrong. Every season has it's "thing" but we just turned the corner and got rid of arctic temperatures, ice storms and snow storms. Give me a few weeks to just bask in 55 degree temps and enjoy the feel of dry sidewalks....LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Unlike your tornadoes, we have earthquakes and we have our supplies on hand year round.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust