Back-in-Stock Fashions
52 Members and 10720 Guests Online

Among Friends

Foreign Travel Gift

Started 1366461821.03 in Among Friends | Last reply 1366759947.41 by judgejudith
replies

A friend is travelling to Great Britain next month and I want to give her a little going away present. She is going to be gone two weeks. Was thinking of little things she might forget to pack. Do any of you have any thing that you use when you travel that you feel might be appropriate?

I'm thinking: a few zip lock baggies, moist wipes, band aids, first aid cream packet, hard candies, tide pen.

Can you add to my list?

Page 1 of 1
lolakimono1366468380.613914 PostsRegistered 3/29/2012

Gatorade powder- can add to bottled water for dehydration

tissue packs (sometimes there is no T.P.)

converter, if she uses electrical appliances

travel guide- Let's Go

travel neck pillow

duct tape- can be used to fix luggage that breaks

shopping tote like the ones from Sachi, for day trips

chewing gum

Hollywood fashion tape, to fix any wardrobe malfunctions

space bags

arrianna1366639840.665072 PostsRegistered 10/20/2010

Great list lolakimono. Maybe a mini travel umbrella, cloth jewelry organizer.

Lynneuk1366646994.638262 PostsRegistered 11/3/2006

Most people are usually prepared for overseas travel and extra "stuff" might not be needed or wanted. That is just me but I wouldn't really want to have to deal with extras even though I know you mean well.

How about ordering some British Pounds from the bank and putting it in a nice card saying "have a nice dinner on us."

I would think that would be much more appreciated.

BlueCollar­Babe1366652187.66310911 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007
On 4/20/2013 lolakimono said:

travel guide- Let's Go

travel neck pillow

chewing gum

space bags

No T.P., dehydration?! She's going to the U.K. not the Sahara. We've had t.p. and potable water for a very long time.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Lynneuk1366676672.668262 PostsRegistered 11/3/2006
On 4/22/2013 FloraDora said:

travel guide- Let's Go

travel neck pillow

chewing gum

space bags

No T.P., dehydration?! She's going to the U.K. not the Sahara. We've had t.p. and potable water for a very long time.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Ha,ha! I was thinking that too.

I met a woman who was in the US Air Force who received orders to the United Kingdom. She actually said to me, "I had never heard of it! I'd heard of the animal kingdom but not the United Kingdom." I nearly died,lol!

lolakimono1366680023.79713914 PostsRegistered 3/29/2012
On 4/22/2013 FloraDora said:

travel guide- Let's Go

travel neck pillow

chewing gum

space bags

It is quite common to get dehydrated after flying, especially with the restrictions on liquids and the "cheapening" of airlines and their beverage service. Should the friend experience food poisoning, it's also helpful to replenish electrolytes.

I lived for a year in Europe and found lots of "tourist" places where they ran out of TP and there was no attendant in the bathroom to replace it. I got the impression that the OP was looking for lots of "small" items she could put together in a travel kit.

judgejudith1366759947.411184 PostsRegistered 12/14/2005Omaha
On 4/22/2013 lolakimono said:

It is quite common to get dehydrated after flying, especially with the restrictions on liquids and the "cheapening" of airlines and their beverage service. Should the friend experience food poisoning, it's also helpful to replenish electrolytes.

I lived for a year in Europe and found lots of "tourist" places where they ran out of TP and there was no attendant in the bathroom to replace it. I got the impression that the OP was looking for lots of "small" items she could put together in a travel kit.

Yes , you are correct I wanted to put together some small items...that she might forget to pack. I don't want to load her down with a bunch of stuff. Thank you all for your ideas.

Last edited on 4/23/2013

Last edited on 4/23/2013

Page 1 of 1