Creede Silver Sale
15 Members and 13177 Guests Online

Among Friends

Has anyone ever known anyone who won Publishers clearing house?

Started 1342928037.813 in Among Friends | Last reply 1343013243.953 by gloriajean
replies

I used to buy magazines. I entered their sweepstakes. I never knew anyone won anything from them. Have anyone known anyone win these sweepstakes?

Page 1 of 1
WoW1342935531.2931526 PostsRegistered 12/27/2011

No, but I've entered without fail every single sweepstakes since 1976, and I just KNOW I'll win big one day!

Actually got a nice letter with gold embossed letterhead, indicating I'd played non-stop since that year.

I've never won anything from them, but I still play. I'm not happy that you can play online daily. Back in the old days, you had to jump thru tons of hoops with their mailings (still do on those) and pay for postage.

My kids tease me about how much $$$ I've spent over the decades on postage alone.

I only buy lottery tickets at Christmas for my adult sons, and maybe 2-3 tickets for myself during the rest of the year. I don't want to be greedy - I know I'll win PCH's big jackpot, so I'll not worry about the lottery. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

nursekeke1342989583.447532 PostsRegistered 5/25/2011SW,Oklahoma

I don't know anyone whose won but I sure wish I did.LOL.. When I was working,we use to sit around and talk about what we would do if we ever won the lottery or anything. We sure had some big dreams but everyone always said they would give to charities and the like,before they did anything. I always said I wanted to build apartments and housing in our town for low income and poor people and buy a nursing home and hire the right people to run it like it's supposed to be. Not like a few I've been in and worked in.

To me,it always seemed like it was older people that won because they wouldn't have to pay out so much but in the last few yrs I've seen some younger ppl win it.LOL.. Can you imagine being at home and seeing that van in your area and hoping they're there to see you.

It's a free country. Say what you will,but please be kind.
Don't judge,it's not up to us.

Nicecupoft­ea1343003402.192400 PostsRegistered 12/28/2008

DH and I were discussing all those ads where people are surprised at their front door winning the PCH millions. We were beginning to wonder if there really are any winners. I have lived in various places and never seen anything in a newspaper about someone winning.

Talidog1343005575.4933763 PostsRegistered 8/9/2007Heart of Dixie
On 7/22/2012 Nicecupoftea said:

DH and I were discussing all those ads where people are surprised at their front door winning the PCH millions. We were beginning to wonder if there really are any winners. I have lived in various places and never seen anything in a newspaper about someone winning.

Good point! I used to enter all the time...now I don't care b/c it's nothing but a rip-off to get you to buy something. K

War Eagle!

VanSleepy1343006801.3372781 PostsRegistered 10/5/2010

No Ed McMahon's never come to my door or the door of anyone I ever knew. Have you seen the new one where you win $5,000 (I think) per week for life, and when you're "gone", you can designate someone else to get it for their life. I want that one!

gloriajean1343013243.95312124 PostsRegistered 12/31/2006MN

I don't know the person but someone did win in my town some years ago! It sure got in the papers! And we saw it on TV! An older lady won! They were poor and overnight they were rich!

Your life is God's gift to you
The way you live it is your gift to God
Blessings, Gloria

Page 1 of 1