Not applicable

I am just about to turn 70 !! and was wondering how has your life and health changed

over the last 10 years. WOW, can't believe how fast the years go by. Still enjoy

traveling when I can, family, but disappointed in how the world has changed and worry

about my grandchildren and their future. What are your thoughts? Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

HAPPY NEW YEAR, good ladies! May our Lord continue to bless us through 2014 and beyond. May we continue to hunger in following after Him. Smile

Snappy, I prayed for your son and I hope he's resting comfortably today. Glad you enjoyed the movie with your daughter! I spent part of yesterday visiting Geri. She is making some small progress but suffering side effects from her new medications and not having much appetite. Changes must be made since dizziness is one effect and she already has too much trouble trying to get around.

I didn't make it until midnight to watch the ball drop.. Gave up around 10:30 and turned in. I hope Joy had a nice time at the party, and DeLaney enjoyed the quiet evening in with Mike.

I'm reluctant to type what my doctor told me on Monday.. As though it will make it more REAL than it obviously is. He thinks I should retire. Not at the end of the school year, but now. All due to my advancing RA and the elevated BP that he believes is related to the pain.. Well, I will have to face facts, if this is the Lord's will. I ask for your prayers in helping me to do that. I don't want to become depressed like after Angela went Home. No point in that,I've had too many good years at the academy to be thankful for. Don't know why it makes me cry just to think of leaving.

Enough sob story! I hope you're all enjoying this blessed day. Smile

photo image_zpsb92d6304.jpg

Respected Contributor

LurkyLoo, thank you for praying for my son. He didn't get to go home until around 1 this morning. He's in quite a bit of pain and hopes it will be worth it in the long run. He couldn't use his CPAP machine, which is one reason they kept him longer. His DW is taking care of him, but is still recovering from her own surgery. Hope they will rest today.

I'm so sorry you are going to have to retire. I mentioned it to DD who is in the room, and she said that since you know everyone at the school, you could no doubt go maybe twice a week and read to kids. She and other teachers are always glad to have such volunteers. That would be low key, no physical labor, and allow you still be in your familiar environment and see the students and workers. Just a thought. No wonder it makes you cry. You will be okay, but it's a big change and will take you time. Allow yourself to grieve a bit and shed those tears. It's okay. I'll pray for you.

Glad you got to see Geri. Have prayed the doc will be able to find other meds that don't cause side effects. Happy there is even some progress.

Happy New Year to one and all. Hope we do get to know one another better in this new year.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

((RUTH ANN)), so sorry to learn this news. I hope the academy will allow something as SNAPPY has wisely advised. I know what your work means to you, and what you mean to the children. I'll continue to remember Geri in my prayers.

SNAPPY, continued prayers for your son as he recovers--and his wife, as she cares for him, while still recovering from her serious surgery. Sorry he's suffering so much discomfort. Nice to hear you and dd enjoyed Mr. Banks! I plan to see it soon.

Happy New Year to everyone. Love the graphic, RUTH ANN! I'm looking forward to journeying thru 2014 in the pleasant company of my friends here. God bless us, every one!

Respected Contributor

Just checking in, friends. Want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

(((Ruth Ann))), I am so, so sorry about your pain, BP and this hard news. May Christ help prepare you for this sudden change.

Our morning flight will likely be delayed tomorrow -- fine by me, until things clear out, and WARM UP a bit on route to ME. The cabin is located some 30 miles from the airport, too. The roads are sure to be terrible. I'd much prefer to lose a day or two there than risk it. Will check in again soon when I have more time to chat. Boss is due here any minute so I can fill him in for next week.

Love and Blessings to all! ~Joy {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

DeLaney, haven't heard from my DS today, but I know that once they take the packing out of his nose, which I think will be next week, he should be able to breathe. Right now he can't use his CPap machine, so I don't know how he is sleeping safely. Just pray for him and his dear wife.

WaJa, hope you have a fun and relaxing time at the cabin. Glad you are playing it safe as far as travel is concerned. I'm exhausted today. Had a very strange melt down yesterday when presented with a letter I felt to be dishonest and therefore was unable to sign. DD says it lasted an hour or more and I have no memory of it at all. But, when I started to come out of it, I asked her if I was selling her the house and why. I poured over my emails in and out trying to find myself, literally. I suppose my brain put me into a self protective place when it got to be too much for me. Poor DD, almost called the doctor. Never had anything like that happen before, but I have to do what I believe to be honest in the Lord's sight.

Enough of that. I'm okay today, just tired. Hope you all have a great day.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Dear Snappy, was checking back in for news on your son before I turn in. It's concerning that he can't use his c-pap machine while sleeping. I'm praying for our Lord to help your DDIL watch over him. It won't be long until the packing can be removed, and ahhhh -- he can breathe freely! Then you can all e x h a l e that nice, big sigh of relief.

I'm sorry to hear of this latest document that so upset you! I wonder if your stress levels accumulated into a kind of panic attack? I have heard they can sometimes cause a kind of disorientation -- even black-outs. So thankful your DD was there with you! Praise Christ it passed and I pray you're resting well tonight. Couldn't hurt to mention this to your doctor, just the same. I'm sure you will and explain how you've been forced to deal with so much for quite a stretch now. Stress takes a toll on us, even when we're too busy to notice. Love, peace and comfort to you, dear one!

Ellsworth, ME aside, we're getting much more snow right here at home than was predicted. I just checked again and our flight is still not being delayed yet. Either way, we'll be fine. If need be, we'll get a room right near the airport until the roads are cleared. Of course, they are typically much better prepared for these storms than we are down here. Not going to worry -- just pray over that, after I've prayed for all of you.

Goodnight and sleep tight! ~Joy {#emotions_dlg.wub}

photo image_zps9fb615d2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Good morning, ladies! So thankful for the roof over my head. I think it's finally inching up over 10 degrees here. Wind blowing snow everywhere. It got so loud, it kept me awake most of the night. Can't get out to check for damages yet, but from inside all seems secure. Smokey paces the floor near continuously- the wind must rattle him too.

Joy, I've prayed for your safety as you travel- IF you were able to go. Hope you get to check in with us from your phone. Just to let us know you arrived safely. Know you will laugh at the funny "birthday gift" I left you on DeLaney's thread, but I really do wish you a very happy 53rd birthday! {#emotions_dlg.wub} This storm, harsh as it is, will not hang around long. Most of your week in ME should be lovely.

Snappy, what a frightening ordeal! So glad you're feeling better and I do pray this dishonest letter business is cleared up straight away. Certainly not what you needed, to be pressured with something like that! I know you probably can't put this sale of your home out of your mind until it's finalized, but I hope you can enjoy a restful break from all the stress this weekend. Am praying over it and for your son and his wife too. I thank you for the prayers and the helpful suggestion for my pending retirement. If I'm forced to go through with it.. and it seems I will be, I'll certainly ask if I might volunteer a few hours each week. Will look into getting a scooter too. Am sure I qualify for one.

My cable, including internet is off and on. If you don't hear from me for a bit, you'll know I'm offline again. Wishing you all a safe and blessed day!

Trusted Contributor

((SNAPPY)) so sorry about the frightening letter and ensuing "meltdown". I hope both are checked out more thoroughly. Good that your tax preparer is able to assist you. I guess your son may have to sleep elevated---maybe in a recliner, until he can use the CPAC again? Continued prayers over all of this. Just way too much going on at once. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

RUTH ANN, I'm sure you're right and more than qualify for the scooter. You may find that you feel much less pain when using one, however the stiffness. . . There are stretching exercises one can do, even from a chair. Hope your physicians advise. Praying you don't lose electricity to Hercules. We're much warmer than you---37°, but more snow expected tonight.

Have not heard if JOY and her hubs left for ME early this a.m., or not. Prayers for their safety. HILO'S too, as I expect the storm impacted her area. Also BOBBIESUE, right? Stay safe, all!

Back to the grind for me. So glad the weekend is closing in. Feeling the need to sleep in tomorrow. A great Friday to all posters!

Respected Contributor

WaJa, hoping you are on your way and will let us know you have arrived safely when you can. Hope this whole trip turns out to be lots of fun and affords you some much needed rest. Maybe time to read, or SHOP with those gift cards. Thank you for being concerned about me. I've had panic attacks since age 19, but this was different. I'm always hyper aware of everything then, but I had a sort of amnesia this time. The gift letter stated that I was not expecting any money or services from DD by giving her the house and that just isn't true. We had an arrangement whereby she would give me X amount of money in cash so her loan could be lower. So I considered that paper to be dishonest or at best misleading, and couldn't sign it. We have figured out a way that is fair and honest and have signed it as amended and will mail it off today. It's a draft and no doubt will be reworked, but will be submitted to the underwriter for approval. Instead of giving me that large amount of money, DD will put it into escrow which makes it "clean" and therefore, honest. I'll pay the closing costs which will help her and I don't think my other kids will have an issue with that assuming they find out. I will tell my doc what happened, but I know it was stress. Poor DD didn't know what to do. I just sat pouring over my emails trying to find myself again. Thank you for your prayers.

LurkyLoo, I appreciate your kind concern for me. DD tells me all the time that they need volunteers at school. Some people aren't reliable, but you would be an absolute treasure to the staff. Hope that would work out for you. Transitions are hard, and this is one of the biggies. Got a text from my sis earlier today. She had an ultra sound on her left leg and they found a blood clot. She has to give herself injections in the stomach every 12 hours and take a blood thinner. Has her leg elevated and can't return to work until Monday. Her doctor won't be in until next week, and she doesn't know why they waited 2 weeks to tell her this. Am concerned for her, but grateful her DD lives minutes away and is going to do some errands for her today.

DeLaney, my DS is sleeping in the recliner as far as I know. DDIL was sleeping in the other one next to it, and maybe still is. His Cpap machine goes over the nose and mouth, but they packed his nose after surgery so he can't breathe through it at all. The pain has lessened a bit. No word from him today. Hope it turns out well in the end. There does seem to be a lot going on at once, but the Lord promised us grace for our needs. He helps me in part by letting me be in touch with you dear friends, and knowing you care and pray. I'm blessed. DD has to go work in her classroom today. She was afraid to leave me alone yesterday. Vacation has certainly gone by quickly.

All my best to each of you dear friends. I'm so sorry you are in the cold and snow. It's still quite warm out here, but in the 60s today. Almost feel guilty about that.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.tt1}