Respected Contributor

Neighbor kids playing in our yard - what to do?

So...we've had new neighbors for about 6 months now. They have four kids - they all seem very very nice. About a week or so after they moved in the Mom sent the daughter over one morning to borrow an egg - she was making a cake and needed an egg. Seemed a bit odd to me since we hadn't even met yet but it broke the ice. The Mom came over a day or so later with some cake for us which was nice. They invited us to their Christmas Eve gathering but we couldn't make it - again very nice though. The kids are always out playing basketball or street hockey in their driveway which I love to see - more kids should instead of sitting in the house playing video games. Their youngest is 3 and 1/2 and my grandson is 5 so I'm hoping now that the weather's nicer maybe they can play together sometimes. I have no problem with kids coming into my yard to retrieve a ball or whatever but they've actually been playing baseball in my yard. I don't always mind but sometimes I do. And I fear when school is out in another month it's going to get worse. So - how do I not be a mean neighbor yet still maintain some privacy - and quiet - when I want it?