Honored Contributor

Vionic sandals with bumpy plastic footbed

During today's show, I could have purchased 1-2 pair of the new sandals - but they are still insisting on making most of their sandals with the composite "plastic/rubber" footbed. I'm only one of quite a few people who have complained that their feet sweat and slide on this footbed, they get blisters from the dots, etc. and to please make them with the sueded material covering the footbed. They are only doing that rarely, randomly, and today some colors of the same shoe had sueded footbeds while other colors didn't! That's ridiculous.

There are alternative shoes to buy, even for those like me with severe pronation. Vionic is forcing me to seek out those alternatives when I'd rather not have to. They are getting the prices to a decent point and with more Easy Pays, but I will not buy another pair of Vionics with that darned EVA footbed.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

Re: Vionic sandals with bumpy plastic footbed

I have to agree with you! I saw those Vionic thongs with the colored footbeds that were so cute but I hate the bumpy plastic insole. My feet perspire a lot, and I need the sueded footbed. I know that some say the sueded is too hot, but not for me. I find that the sueded is more comfy too. I wish they would stop making the insoles that look like fake wood! I have two pairs of Vionic clog slippers and love them! I alternate them every other day. Just can't wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row, have to give them a rest, lol. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I have quite a few pair of the closed shoes and love them. I'm not crazy about many of the..um...embellishments on the sandals (big fake jewels, big metal rings) but I would buy some of the simpler, plainer ones with a sueded footbed. I have an ordinary medium width foot and I find their medium width sandals wide, so lots of sliding going on and the Plastic footbed just makes that worse. I noticed the other day that Liam is finally saying on air that the Tide flip-flops and the sandals with the same footbed are best for people with medium-WIDE feet and NOT medium-narrow feet. I would love a narrow width Tide with a sueded footbed. Not any time soon though, I'll bet :-(

Respected Contributor

I actually prefer that bumpy footbed. I have several pairs (thongs) and I love that if I happen to get mud or something on them, they can be washed off without ruining the shoes.

Honored Contributor

Nothing wrong with having that footbed on the sandals that are likely to go in the water, but it's on almost *all* of the sandals, leaving no choice. I've seen enough comments by others to know that people are not buying because of the plastic footbeds. There should be more of a mix between the two.

Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 santorini said:

I actually prefer that bumpy footbed. I have several pairs (thongs) and I love that if I happen to get mud or something on them, they can be washed off without ruining the shoes.

I agree, I don't wear thong styles but I have 4 pairs of vionic sandals and I like that footbed for the same reason. They are easily rinsed off plus the suede just wears off when it's on a footbed.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I do not buy this brand but, with the high cost of these shoes .. a leather/suede foot bed would make more sense. The plastic is too hot in the summer.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Contributor

That is why I stay with my Birkenstocks. NO BUMPS, hurt my feet. If I can see them,my feet would feel them. No thanks.

Honored Contributor

The fake cork finish on these footbeds wears off and they look terrible after only a couple of wearings.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree, leave the bumps off and give us a smooth footbed! The bumps leave blisters on my feet too after walking in them for awhile - don't know the purpose of the bumps! Pleaseeeeee! I will consider buying another pair if you have a smooth footbed.