Esteemed Contributor

Are you wearing white shoes now?

I noticed the Dyson rep was wearing white shoes today, but I was thinking it's a little early. Some ladies say wait until after Easter or Memorial Day. Growing up in Kentucky, my mom always said we should wait until Derby Day. Smiley Happy In the South, I've noticed white shoes come out when the weather is consistently warm.

Do wear white shoes year round? If not, when do you start wearing them?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are you wearing white shoes now?

Not yet here in CT - we still have snow on the ground and it's only in the 20's!!! After the snow is gone, we'll have a month or two of brown and mud. Things don't green up until May.

Honored Contributor

I don't own any white shoes right now so, no. lol...

I'm planning to buy some white jeans, maybe white slacks, maybe a summery pale dress. I will probably get a pair of white shoes - or maybe multi colored ones that are partly white.

There is no date to start wearing white anymore. That is outdated thinking.

I live in Florida and some people wear white shoes year round here but, other than sneakers, few wear white shoes when it is cold out. If the weather says summer you will see white shoes & sandals no matter what time of year it is.

Respected Contributor

Outdated thinking or not, I will never wear white pants (don't really wear white shoes) before Easter or after Labor Day. It's how I was raised and anything else just feels wrong.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Not me. Still have at least 8"" of snow on the ground.

Honored Contributor

The only white shoes I have are NB sneakers. I wore them to the grocery store today. I was lazy - they were downstairs and I didn't want to hike that flight of stairs again to get some loafers.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

We've had some days in the mid to upper 70s in the past couple of weeks, so I would wear white shoes on the warmer days if I owned any and wanted to wear them. I have nothing against white shoes, but just haven't found any that tempted me to purchase.

The old rule about no white between Labor Day and Memorial Day is outdated.

Honored Contributor

I usually only wear white shoes with summery fashions and white pants. I don't follow the Memorial Day to Labor Day rule....that's just silly.

Since it's too cold where I live to wear summertime fashions, I wouldn't be wearing them now. I often wear them after Labor Day when our weather can still be in the 90's.

Esteemed Contributor

Here in central NY it snowed last night and it's still snowing. The only white on my shoes is precipitation. Our white shoe season is very short and won't start for quite some time. I did order a bone colored Dooney bag from the ilovedooney website today. It was more than 50% off. Given our short summer season, any white accessories have to be great bargains in order to make them worthwhile.
Honored Contributor

If I wear white, it's between memorial and labor day.