New Contributor

Frustrated over lack of wide sized shoes

There was an entire show of Sketchers today and not one single style was in size wide. I know Sketchers have wide shoes because I get a catalog of shoes which are all in wider widths and they advertise in this catalog. I like to shop though QVC but the size options just aren't there in many cases.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Frustrated over lack of wide sized shoes

I understand your frustration. I have narrow feet and have never seen QVC offer shoes in my width. At least some are offered in wide widths for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I am always on the quest of wide width shoes for my daughter in law. It takes me months and months to find a shoe that is within budget, leather, small to mid size heel and has some adjustability for a high arch as well as a wide width. This past year the wide width shoes that I did order were tight on me and I have a narrow heel with a small foot. Honestly......it seems like the QVC selection is less instead of more on either end of the scale. It's so frustrating as well as time consuming.

Honored Contributor

Which is why I have worn Birkenstocks for years. That or I'm shopping in the mens sections or wearing unisex sized shoes. It doesn't help that I'm also an 11 or 12 depending of the brand. I did take a chance and buy the Vionic sandals that were the TSV last Friday and I'm thrilled with them. I bought the 12w even though they said size down for half sizes. Now I know I can wear an 11w in their shoes but the 12s are fine too.

I've been looking at their wedges now also, which they have in wides. It's so nice to wear cute shoes again.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

onestopplus dot com has a generous collection of wides and double wide widths. Unfortunately the wides start at a size 7 so if your smaller you are of of luck. The sizing goes beyond size 12...up to 15 I think but the selections seriously drop off after the size 12.

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 seaside shopper said:

I understand your frustration. I have narrow feet and have never seen QVC offer shoes in my width. At least some are offered in wide widths for you.

I agree. I wear a 12 narrow so I am out of luck on QVC.

Respected Contributor

footsmart has wide widths too

Respected Contributor

I buy shoes from Marylandsquare.com.

Esteemed Contributor

I have wide feet - and several years ago, I went into a Sketchers store in the mall. They had C width shoes - but none fit.

Best to try wide shoes on in the store - rather than ordering.

I'm retired - and live in Birkenstocks, Clarks and Ryka's (several years old). Not sure if the newer Rykas are as comfortable.

Contributor

Agree more wide sizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!