Honored Contributor

Wedge Shoes That Are Comfortable

I need a low heeled (not over 2" - 2 1/2") wedge shoe that's stylish and also has good arch support. I'm not sure that exists but thought I would come here for recommendations. They can be sandals or closed toes. Clarks are not comfortable for me. There are some really cute ankle length pants that I want to buy, but I don't have the right shoes to wear with them. I don't mind them being expensive if they're going to be comfortable. Thanks for any suggestions.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Wedge Shoes That Are Comfortable

I don't own these, so perhaps others can weigh in (they get good reviews).

Walking Cradles- Coco

Walking Cradles Coco Tobacco Leather

Sanita- Vivian

Sanita Vivian Nude Burnished Leather

Ros Hommerson- Elizabeth

Ros Hommerson Elizabeth Pewter Stretch

Alegria- Lola

Alegria Lola Kenya

Memphisto- Minoa

Mephisto Minoa Camel Liz

Softspots- Samoa

Softspots Samoa Luggage Goat Lt. Pull Up

Memphisto- Milly

Mephisto Milly Steel Perl Calfskin/Strass

Frequent Contributor

I love born wedge sandals for summer. They usually have a cork bottom, might be 2 3/4 high..but they are also slightly raised in front. I have flat feet and these are the only shows I live in summer--they have many diff styles. Check out ebay and amazon for good prices. Their winter selection is not good.

Honored Contributor

I love Kork-ease shoes...they come in different heights.

All are very stable and comfortable.

I have them with both leather and cork bases...

Honored Contributor

I have Cole Haan Air Tali in both black patent and nude. They are super comfortable and wear like iron. I bought them on a 40% sale from their website.

Honored Contributor

Lulu2, those are really nice. I didn't realize that Cole Haan made really comfortable shoes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 NickNack said:

Lulu2, those are really nice. I didn't realize that Cole Haan made really comfortable shoes.

Cole Haan Air are incredibly comfortable. While they are pricier than many lines, you can get them on sale frequently. I've had ballet flats that I've been wearing for close to 5 years and they still look new. Their mid-heel pumps I can wear all day with no fatigue.

There is a men's Air line too. My husband is a convert to them.

Respected Contributor

lulu2, thank you for recommending Cole Haan Air. I am also looking for a flat or wedge. I usually only wear dress shoes on a couple of occasions a year and want a basic, quality shoe that will hold up and is comfortable. I am not familiar will many shoe companies, so having someone make a recommendation is tremendous help. I looked at their website and found several pairs that fit my needs. OP thank you for asking the question or I would have never known.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Allegheny said:

lulu2, thank you for recommending Cole Haan Air. I am also looking for a flat or wedge. I usually only wear dress shoes on a couple of occasions a year and want a basic, quality shoe that will hold up and is comfortable. I am not familiar will many shoe companies, so having someone make a recommendation is tremendous help. I looked at their website and found several pairs that fit my needs. OP thank you for asking the question or I would have never known.

You can get some outstanding buys on CH at 6PM.com. If you are looking for comfort, make sure AIR is included in the title.

If you sign up on the Cole Haan website, they send you coupon codes.

Honored Contributor

lulu2 - I'm in LOVE with those Cole Haan Air Tali - both the black and the nude. Off to try to find in my size, at least the nude. thank you for posting them!