Respected Contributor

A262510 Alegria Leather Slip-on Sandals w/ Strap Detail - Venus

Hi ~ I found these new sandals here. I am "not" a bling girl, but I got to have a pair or two of these!!! I've been a total Birki girl for many many years, so I am going to step out of the box, and try these. I read some reviews here that said the sizing was the same as Birki's Sandals....and they are so comfortable to wear...so I HOPE I got the right size. My feet will BLING. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Re: A262510 Alegria Leather Slip-on Sandals w/ Strap Detail - Venus

Am I the only one who will have "Bling Feet" this Summer? Yes, I know, I'm posting to myself. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

LOL, I feel the same way. I love to see my words on the thread. Cute shoes, I hope you enjoy them!!!

Honored Contributor

Lots of new styles!

Respected Contributor

Well, aren't you ladies kind! I am so not bling, but when I saw these, I had to have a pair. Sure hope they fit! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Respected Contributor

I got the Bronze ones today. WOO~HOO! Fit is perfect. Of course I will have to walk around in them for awhile, but I think ~ Look out Birki's....There is a new kid in town.Smile

Honored Contributor

I have shopped for Alegria on Amazon. Can anyone who is familiar with the brand explain the widths. I have deduced that there is more than one width, but I can't figure out what it is. I think I need the wider one.

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 faeriemoon said:

I have shopped for Alegria on Amazon. Can anyone who is familiar with the brand explain the widths. I have deduced that there is more than one width, but I can't figure out what it is. I think I need the wider one.

Here is some info. from alegriashoeshop.com.

Features: Alegria Wide Insoles: FREE Wide Option

Alegria Wide Insoles are great for when you need added width around the toe box or if you are between sizes on a particular Alegria style. The Wide Insole is just a touch thinner at the ball of the foot than the regular insole. This allows your foot to drop down in the shoe more and thus gain added width across toe box. The change in the insole is very slight, but the result can be huge! Many customers who wear a D or wide width shoe find that just by requesting the FREE Wide Option when they select their favorite pair takes a normally medium width shoe to a very comfy wide width shoe. And if you are between sizes, say on a Paloma, often going the next size down and requesting the FREE Wide Option results in a perfect fitting shoe.

Honored Contributor

I think Alegrias are available in regular and wide widths. I wear a medium and find they are sometimes too loose on me. The footbed is a lot more comfortable than the Birki footbed is for me. The arch is not as high. The footbed is replaceable for about $20, so these shoes could go on forever.

Here's a hint...the Alegria company has a website where the sell the past year's styles for a good discount and free shipping. That and Zulily is where I get mine.

http://www.alegriashoeshop.com/category-s/166.htm

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thank you both, lola and kachina. That info is very helpful.{#emotions_dlg.wub}