Not applicable

Comparison of Alegria to Birkenstocks

Looking to try a pair of Alegria's. Can anyone tell me how they compare with Birkenstocks? I'm a nurse and looking for good arch support!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Comparison of Alegria to Birkenstocks

I, too am a nurse, and am working 12+ hr.shifts in an NICU and mother/baby unit. I've worn Birkenstocks for a long time and got a pair of Alegria clogs when another nurse got a really cute pair and said how comfortable they were. The floors at my hospital are VERY hard, and the cushioning in the Alegria's makes a major difference in how my feet and legs feel at the end of the day. The other nurse that originally had them has stopped wearing them because she says they are too heavy. I have not found this to be true. I have bought 2 more pairs of the shoes, had to size up on them, for whatever reason. I wear a 9 1/2-10, and got a 41 and they fit well. I like them. I do switch out with Dansko's and my Birki's, and find the Alegria to be more supportive and comfortable. I think it would be a good idea to try a pair for a while, and if you hated them, to be able to return them if necessary. They ARE expensive, but I've gotten some good sale prices online, and even if I had to pay full price, I'd still get them.

Honored Contributor

Omg, I have about 7 pairs of Alegria shoes...3 being sandal types. Couple of years ago, HSN had some marked down quite a bit so I grabbed about 3 pairs to make 7. Being short, I like the, I think, 2 inch cushioned platform. These are the most comfortable shoes ever. Two pair are Mary Jane styled. They are not heavy.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I've never heard of Alegria shoes. Where is a good place to check them out in person? I like a shoe with good arch support.