Respected Contributor

http://www.qvc.com/Earth-Origins-Leather-Slip-on-Monk-Strap-Shoes---Evelyn.product.A256855.html?sc=...

Anyone try this brand? Or this shoe?

I have wide feet and high instep.

Trusted Contributor

I just got the Earth Origins boots that were a TSV a few weeks ago. I haven't worn them yet, only tried them on. I usually wear a 10M, but after reading the reviews it seemed that they run a little narrow. So I bought the 10W so I could wear thick socks if I want to, and also because I wanted the merlot color and they were sold out in the medium.

After trying them on with bare feet, they seem very comfortable and I am glad I ordered the wide width. I think the medium might have felt tight. Of course, maybe they stretch with wear--I don't know.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much aprimo. I think I have decided to pass. I am so hard to fit they probably won't work. I do appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Trusted Contributor

Well I wore my new boots on an errand this evening with thin socks and they did seem looser than my first impression. There was a fair amount of heel slippage, which in a boot doesn't bother me. I decided to order the TSV shoes in 10M because I'm sure I would only wear them with thin socks and I don't want my heel to slip. I considered waiting for people to post reviews first. But I decided it was worth it to take advantage of the TSV price and easy pay. We will see what happens.

Trusted Contributor

Sigh...

Well, the Earth Origins TSV shoes came today and they are too narrow. I reordered in the wide and will send the mediums back. They were otherwise comfortable and attractive. The grey color was as expected--mushroom colored pebbled leather with grey suede on the heels. I personally wouldn't call the color grey because the majority is a mushroomy-brown and calling it grey is only asking for confusion. But I knew that going in and I like it. Anyway, the medium width just squeezed my toes too much, so I will exchange.

I'm sorry I second-guessed myself into ordering the wrong width. But I think I will be happy with the wides. We'll see.

Trusted Contributor

I received the 10W today and it fits well. The heel slips a bit, but it doesn't bother me. The heel would surely be too big for a person with a medium to narrow heel (who only needed the wide with for the toe box and/or instep). Works for me though.