Honored Contributor

Years ago I got a pair of Earth shoes. The selling point then was your heel was lower and your foot tilted up, which caused your posture to be better. IDK - I've always loved my Birkenstocks, and I still do, but I needed a dressier pair back then so I got these.

I haven't seen any of the shows. Do they still use this as their selling point? From what I've read, it seems the company has "reinvented" itself as just another comfort shoe.

Trusted Contributor

The Kelso division of Earth shoes has the original negative heel. You can find them on QVC online.

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of Earth sandals......they are a 2" wedge......and not "negative". Very comfortable, tho.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Remember these beauties?

Honored Contributor
On 10/3/2014 madcity411 said:

Remember these beauties?

{#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'd never paid attention to them until about the late 1990's. The ones I got were Mary Jane style black patent. I was going to be on my feet a lot at a number of holiday events, and I didn't want to wear high heels. It was last minute, and a lot of other brands were sold out. I went into The Walking Company and the SA recommended them. I wasn't totally enamored of them, but they did the job! I still wear them from time to time. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I remember those old Earth Shoes with the low heel. One of my High School teachers used to wear them. He was the ""hip"" teacher. My brother credits that particular teacher for turning him into an atheist -- LOL -- not that there is any correlation.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor
I got a pair then sold on HSN. I ALMOST made it from the living room to the kitchen. Most uncomfortable things I've ever put on my feet and they went back at record-setting speed.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

OP, to answer your question, the negative heel is no longer the selling point for the "Earth Origins" on QVC and other places. I got a pair of ankle boots a while back. It has a normal heel and they are super comfortable-- lots of padding.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft